• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order - is this normal?

jayjay007

Horology Curious
14/3/24
Hi all. So based on your advice, I opted to use TrustyTime to order my Blaken Submariner. Placed the order yesterday online, primarily because I could use Amex as advertised on his site (in the UK we get s32 coverage with credit cards so if the watch goes missing in the post, Amex, I believe, will refund).
Woke to find an email saying that their CC processor has suspended services and they can only accept crypto, WU and bank wire.
Is the is normal? Raised a red flag for me as I’m new to this and don’t want to be caught out. I know Trusty and Andrew are heading high regard by members. The email came from [email protected] but who really knows these days?
Appreciate your thoughts.
J

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
CC processors suspending service is not very unusual unfortunately. Apparently dealing with REPS is not that popular.. 😅
If CC is the payment method you feel most comfortable with, you can consider waiting for it to be sorted out, or take a look at another TD.

I have not come across the email you provide in my previous dealings with Andrew. It's quite possible they have more emails than I personally know about, but to be on the safe side I'd probably wait until someone here confirmed it for you before you do anything else.

You are sure you used this contact information when you first contacted him: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/trusty-time-contact-info.10964263/ ?

Good luck!

Reactions: jayjay007 and Reaps

jayjay007

Horology Curious
14/3/24
CC processors suspending service is not very unusual unfortunately. Apparently dealing with REPS is not that popular.. 😅
If CC is the payment method you feel most comfortable with, you can consider waiting for it to be sorted out, or take a look at another TD.

I have not come across the email you provide in my previous dealings with Andrew. It's quite possible they have more emails than I personally know about, but to be on the safe side I'd probably wait until someone here confirmed it for you before you do anything else.

You are sure you used this contact information when you first contacted him: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/trusty-time-contact-info.10964263/ ?

Good luck!
Yep, used the TD page and the contact details there to reach out. Andrew responded to previous questions from the expected email address ([email protected]) so that gives some comfort. Maybe best to drop him a note and ask when he expects to be able to accept cc payments. Don’t want to wait too long as it’s not easy to track the watch down and he offered a good deal. A bit of a ‘half a dozen of one and six of the other’ situation! Lol