• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
IMG-9011.jpg

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I was offered the same dial and bezel, 700€ for the dial and 700€ for the bezel. Way too much. Good profit margin. The bezel is clean with paint in the 100, the 100 is not filled. No sunburst on the dial. I had a long discussion with the seller regarding Sunburst or not. He still believes that the Le Mans has no sunburst. Now here are some macro shots and you can decide. To me, it looks like sunburst. Could be I am too old now to see the difference, lol I would use the new bezel and fill the 100 with red nail polish. Let‘s wait and see what clean comes up with. Was told from the seller that the sunburst on the pics you see is a render.

My QC, same one as posted here

You can win the argument here. From a guy who has the watch IN person. There is a sunburst grey 100%.

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Thanks. It will be very hard to replicate this dial to be perfect. I have seen all videos in You Tube. There are only 2 which show the sunburst. All others, the dial show pure black. It all depends on the light.
Just like with the platona, it all depends on the light, every pic is different.
Clean however made it superb so we can expect a similar shot with the Le Mans.
Their dials are stunning overall

Reactions: Tommygunzzzz

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Threw it on the oysterflex for a minute..

and hell followed with it ..

the commander in chief, the chief, the wifey ... saw it :(

....besides the usual interrogation, "That a new watch?" "when'd you buy that?" etc etc..

she LOVED the damn thing.. she wants it now.. she's convinced it's a girl's watch. I showed her the beach variants... she wants one now

told her no rep exists of this one.. but i can get her the pink one since the rep is true to the gen with the mop dial..

but nope, she wants this blue one

she wants MINE! it's mine! MINE! !! Woman this is mine!! get thee back! back i say!!! it's my precioussss :(

sorry, had to vent here not to her, lol