• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beware - money disappearing.

AndrewCMax

Looking Around
12/3/22
I do not like to write negative reviews - particularly for replica watch dealers. I have placed many orders over the last few years - including with Chazing Time, and have not had any problems until now.
I placed an order for 2 watches. The money was bank transferred in exactly the same way as on many previous occasions. This time though, Chazing Time informed me that the funds had been rejected. My bank informed me that they were not. I'm caught in the middle with no watches and about £700 down.
Be very careful.
I'll come back if I manage to get the money back, but this was over a month ago now and so it's very unlikely.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Let me get this straight. You've ordered successfully numerous times before and you "don't like to write negative reviews"...
But this is your first post. You understand where I'm getting at? There's no logic in what you wrote, because facts tell us that you never wrote a review at all (despite numerous good transactions) until now. You took the effort to make your first post a negative review, well I'd definitely infer that you do like writing them.

Have you opened a ticket with the help desk or contacted staff for support before making unsubstantiated accusations?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
3d7Haj.gif

• Haha
Reactions: P..DR..D and mcboom

AndrewCMax

Looking Around
12/3/22
I must have come across as more ‘ranting’ than I intended, and I regret this if it meant that I came across as not genuine. I was actually quite annoyed about it.

It was my first posting here, but I use the forum regularly; often checking on other people’s experience with sellers, factories and particular watches. Many of my 25+ purchases over the last couple of years have been made by checking what people say here - and of course, the brilliant CONSENSUAL SUPER REP LIST.

I will write some reviews on the best purchases to balance things up a bit. I have Omegas, Breitlings and IWCs that are of excellent quality. Most of my purchases have been from Trusty Time, but I have used others - including Chazing Time. I have added a couple of pics.

I’m unsure how to substantiate this - so I’ll add some detail.

I placed the order on the Chazing Time website. I selected the bank transfer option. This incurs some additional bank charges, but there is a discount and so It balances up. I received the email confirming the final amounts and the bank details (a Hong Hong account on this occasion). The money was transferred business account to business account - this has always worked well in the past. After about 2 weeks, I received an email from Chazing Time that the Hong Kong bank had rejected the transfer. I contacted my bank - they stated that the transfer had gone through with no issues. And that is where I stand at the moment. I have requested proof from Chazing Time that their bank rejected the transfer - I have not heard back.

To be clear - I am not accusing Chazing Time of theft. Simply stating what has happened.

We all take a certain amount of calculated risk buying watches in this way - so anything that mitigates this risk I have always found helpful on this forum.

My intention was to give a heads-up to people and add to their knowledge - in the same way that many people have helped me.

You mentioned opening a ‘ticket’. I was not aware that I could - I’ll take a look at that.

I hope I came across as more balanced and genuine this time.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
And yet, never once did you bother to write a review for all those positive sales let alone make a single comment on a forum you apparently value in a couple of years of membership? Why is it people are too lazy to say anything when they are happy with a dealer's service but jump on them the instant something goes wrong?

You are dealing with Chinese banks*, anything could have happened including them deciding it was a questionable transaction and simply taking the funds for themselves. I know Chinese overseas who have sent wages home and had 10s of 1000s just vanish. @psychospike will chase it up from his end and attempt to find it but inferring he has taken your funds is not on, TDs are trusted for a reason, he is not going to risk his position here for 700 bucks.

*I assume it was direct to a China bank or was it Wise?

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
You might have a legitimate issue, but blaming the TD for the bank's fault is unjustifiable.

I experienced funds stuck in "no mans land" when banks screw up especially when transferring overseas. The company I used to work for deals with many chinese suppliers. Our bank always able to trace the money and make correction. It'll take time but you won't lose your money if you take action.

Reactions: trailboss99

bibwiilistyle

Horology Curious
22/2/24
I haven't bought from a TD yet but have bought in person while in Asia. So, this is a wee bit concerning. Is it truly normal for money transferred to go missing due to banks?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I haven't bought from a TD yet but have bought in person while in Asia. So, this is a wee bit concerning. Is it truly normal for money transferred to go missing due to banks?
Dude, this thread is a year old. Yes, the Bank of China will gladly steal any and all funds at the slightest excuse, ask any Chinese national sending money home from overseas.

• Haha
Reactions: bunny123 and KGZ

bibwiilistyle

Horology Curious
22/2/24
Little surprises me anymore but I guess this did. And yep just under a year. I have been doing my research as suggested.😅