• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Blue Aqua Terra Rep?

GWalkaa

Horology Curious
4/11/20
Looking at getting into these and for such a simple watch I simply cant justify the Gen purcahse. Roughly my collection is now 50/50 Rep/Gen and I dont mind it. That being said, which is the best blue Aqua Terra on sale. Theres VSF and JQK which seem to be the higher quality ones. I have no knowledge of JQF but have a couple of VSF pieces which I like. And I cant seem to find one which matched the gen. You can see how the gens 60/15/30/45 markers are all white whereas the reps seem to blue.

omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-22010412103004-1-product-zoom.png

GWalkaa

Horology Curious
4/11/20
I Wouldn't let me attache the rep image for some reason so here it is. Also there is a massive price discrepancy of nearly $150 on VSF models alone which seems odd. So which is the best and why?

aqua-terra-150m-master-chronometers-vsf-1-1-best-edition-deep-blue-dial-silver-hand-on-ss-bracelet-a8900-super-clone.jpg

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
There's actually two different types of gen blue aqua terras.
One has white 'Seamaster' lettering and white 60/15/30/45 markers and the other has blue lettering with blue markers and it also has a blue seconds hand.

The image in your second post is the latter but it incorrectly has a silver seconds hand.

From what I've read the blue Aqua Terras are slightly purple. Probably better to stick to black.

GWalkaa

Horology Curious
4/11/20
There's actually two different types of gen blue aqua terras.
One has white 'Seamaster' lettering and white 60/15/30/45 markers and the other has blue lettering with blue markers and it also has a blue seconds hand.

The image in your second post is the latter but it incorrectly has a silver seconds hand.

From what I've read the blue Aqua Terras are slightly purple. Probably better to stick to black.
Awesome thanks for the response. I take it there hasn't ben any good reps of the 220.10.38.20.03.003?

omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-co-axial-master-chronometer-38-mm-22010382003003-l.png

TimepieceTalk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/23
USA
I Wouldn't let me attache the rep image for some reason so here it is. Also there is a massive price discrepancy of nearly $150 on VSF models alone which seems odd. So which is the best and why?

aqua-terra-150m-master-chronometers-vsf-1-1-best-edition-deep-blue-dial-silver-hand-on-ss-bracelet-a8900-super-clone.jpg
I actually ordered this watch in this color and it’s arriving sometime this week. Excited to see how it turns out.

Reactions: Mnomega

TimepieceTalk

6/3/23
USA
Let us know how it turns out and if the blue is really a deep blue or has some hints of purple.

Received the VSF watch today and I am thoroughly impressed with the quality and the finish of everything. The dial is definitely a deep blue. For some reason I think pictures can give it a slight purple look but in person I don’t really see it.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Received the VSF watch today and I am thoroughly impressed with the quality and the finish of everything. The dial is definitely a deep blue. For some reason I think pictures can give it a slight purple look but in person I don’t really see it.

Looks brilliant, many thanks for the update!

I think the only major difference between this and the gen would be that the applied logo and hour markers are made of rhodium in the gen and really pop when the sunlight hits them.

Reactions: Mnomega

TimepieceTalk

6/3/23
USA
Looks brilliant, many thanks for the update!

I think the only major difference between this and the gen would be that the applied logo and hour markers are made of rhodium in the gen and really pop when the sunlight hits them.

Glad to! I'm not sure what the logo and hour markers are made of on this rep but they do seem to reflect in the way you are describing in the sun, it was just difficult to get a photo to show that.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Glad to! I'm not sure what the logo and hour markers are made of on this rep but they do seem to reflect in the way you are describing in the sun, it was just difficult to get a photo to show that.

I had a VSF Planet Ocean and while the logo shone quite well in the light on my gen Seamaster Professional it is on another level. I just assumed that this was the case on all Omega Reps since they use steel on their logos and markers instead of rhodium.

Reactions: TimepieceTalk

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

I had a VSF Planet Ocean and while the logo shone quite well in the light on my gen Seamaster Professional it is on another level. I just assumed that this was the case on all Omega Reps since they use steel markers.

Watch this review from 10:40 onwards, the Omega logo really shimmers in the light, how does the rep compare?

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Anyone have hands on experience with the black 15000 Aquaterra? The rep is probably not going to be as resistant to magnetism, how gen like does it look? I kinda like the stripes on the seconds hand.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Looking at getting into these and for such a simple watch I simply cant justify the Gen purcahse.

I don't know your definition of a "simple watch". If you mean the appearance, then that would be very subjective and a matter of taste preferences. But I know plenty of watches that look a lot more boring. 😆

What's not subjective is that you're getting a pretty darn amazing movement with the 8900 co-axial caliber (METAS cert. master chronometer, not really "simple" by any means) and in terms of the tech offered at its price point, I actually think that in fact the Aqua Terra may be the ultimate steal in Omega's sports watch line up.

Reactions: RonP

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I don't know your definition of a "simple watch". If you mean the appearance, then that would be very subjective and a matter of taste preferences. But I know plenty of watches that look a lot more boring. 😆

What's not subjective is that you're getting a pretty darn amazing movement with the 8900 co-axial caliber (METAS cert. master chronometer, not really "simple" by any means) and in terms of the tech offered at its price point, I actually think that in fact the Aqua Terra may be the ultimate steal in Omega's sports watch line up.
Well put, the dial on these is anything but simple. Theybare very striking looking watches.

Reactions: eBoy

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
How are the screw down crowns on these ? VSF are notorious for bad quality crowns and threads and stripping issues so it will be interesting to see how these AT's fare over time......