• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress Vintage Omega Constellation Kit

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $5.93 24% Off | 38mm Old European Retro Watch Case Set Leather/Steel Strap Dial Accessories for ETA 2836/2834/2846/2169/2168/8200/8205 Movements
Yes, looks like the same store, and prior store is "on vacation." I'm betting they got in some copyright trouble and just opened up a new shop, lol.

Reactions: Karbon74

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
Another sample for inspiration - 25 yr service watch, awarded in 1952 to my grandfather, 14KT but only 32mm.

Also, just purchased the white dial / RG with black strap - as a project over the Christmas Holidays

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
Funny you should say....that's my only other gen Omega, a two tone with rice bracelet that belonged to my dad.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Thanks @Karbon74. I’m going with the white dial and stainless case and bracelet for eta movement. I’ve never had any luck with gold plating. I’m like a kid waiting on Xmas

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
i am piss€d solid 😡
I was distracted a fraction of a second while trying to fit the spacer and the seconds hand just flew

impossible to find it

FML

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
this watch is not my lucky thing
I just noticed that under Constellation it was written Calendar..which is ridiculous for a nodate dial

I tried to erase it with some cape cod...success but i pressed too hard at one point and made a deep scratch 😱 oh well
I will buy another dial, probably the silver one as the full gold is really too much

dpd3672

Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
I just noticed that under Constellation it was written Calendar..which is ridiculous for a nodate dial

I tried to erase it with some cape cod...success but i pressed too hard at one point and made a deep scratch 😱 oh well
I will buy another dial, probably the silver one as the full gold is really too much
I did the same thing. If you notice the photo I posted a bit higher, a couple of my dials say "Constellation Calendar" but there's no calendar window. I ordered the correct dials, but they're sitting in my "to do queue" so I probably won't get to them for quite some time...got way too ambitious ordering Winter projects and am just starting to dig myself out of the hole, lol.

dpd3672

Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23

Damn it man. That sounds like my luck. I better get a proper dial otw too. Thanks for the heads up.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Ok I finished the watch.
To compensate the scratched dial, I went in and aged the dial and hands a bit to match some of what I saw as gen on ebay

The bracelet is horrible and the lugs holes are badly cut.
Also I removed all the adjustment links. It's massively too large for me.

By and large, I did not enjoy this build. 😅
I don't recommend anyone else to purchase this.

It's like you got on a date and the girl had absolutely no conversation. You might get some after dinner but not a keeper.

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Ok I finished the watch.
To compensate the scratched dial, I went in and aged the dial and hands a bit to match some of what I saw as gen on ebay

The bracelet is horrible and the lugs holes are badly cut.
Also I removed all the adjustment links. It's massively too large for me.

By and large, I did not enjoy this build. 😅
I don't recommend anyone else to purchase this.

It's like you got on a date and the girl had absolutely no conversation. You might get some after dinner but not a keeper.
Ok so she’s not beautiful but is she so ugly that you gnaw your arm off so you don’t wake her up when you go to leave in the morning? Come on show us a pic

• Haha

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
She doesn’t look bad. Be careful with her though she looks like she could turn on you. You might have to put a strap to her arse.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
thanks, as you might have noticed, I finally assembled it without the seconds hand that I lost. I ordered an ETA hands set cheap on Ali

@mclarendude as you also build one, do you have issues with manual winding?
Cutting the stem at the right length was laborious, and the crown does not seem to have a spring in it. So in position, it's almost impossible to wind. Movement winds good outside the case.