• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress Vintage Omega Constellation Kit

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
@mclarendude as you also build one, do you have issues with manual winding?
Cutting the stem at the right length was laborious, and the crown does not seem to have a spring in it. So in position, it's almost impossible to wind. Movement winds good outside the case.
Same issue. But also noticed that the case plastic holder tends to add tension to the stem, specially there are about 4 tabs that make contact with the caseback and that pushes the movement and dial up into the crystal. I cut those tabs off and the tension was relieved.

Reactions: Karbon74

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
As a beginner to watch assembly I sure appreciate you guys working this stuff out and sharing it with us. Hell I might actually end up with a watch I’m not too embarrassed to wear. 🍻

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
As a beginner to watch assembly I sure appreciate you guys working this stuff out and sharing it with us. Hell I might actually end up with a watch I’m not too embarrassed to wear. 🍻
I am also a beginner with just 5 months headstart from you. It's great to have company on this journey, and veterans who are generous with their experience

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I am also a beginner with just 5 months headstart from you. It's great to have company on this journey, and veterans who are generous with their experience
Yes yes. There’s lots of great guys here who really know their craft. This is just an awesome resource to have.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I did the same thing. If you notice the photo I posted a bit higher, a couple of my dials say "Constellation Calendar" but there's no calendar window. I ordered the correct dials, but they're sitting in my "to do queue" so I probably won't get to them for quite some time...got way too ambitious ordering Winter projects and am just starting to dig myself out of the hole, lol.
@dpd3672
mind to PM me the nodate dials pics and ref you selected that don't have Calendar written ? please

I fuxx up my dial real good trying to tarnish the gold plating. The Omega logo and Constellation text just melted on me.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Not that I seen. They’re all 38mm.
Thanks for that. I will take a look through and see what I can put together. Ideal would be a no-date, pie pan , sector dial on a BOR. Time to start hunting down the parts.

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Thanks for that. I will take a look through and see what I can put together. Ideal would be a no-date, pie pan , sector dial on a BOR. Time to start hunting down the parts.
Just a heads up. Ask for photos of the actual dials, and take note that some of the "no date" dials say "Date." I made the mistake on one of the ones I built, and had to order another dial.