• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Whatever tough guy

Lol. That was funny...but yeh, sorry man, wasn’t trying to offend, just couldn’t understand why you didn’t opt to lume the hands.

Hand applied lume application on the hour markers is always going to be very risky and hard to get the precise sharp Swiss factory look (as hinted by others above) so wondered if there was a technical reason you chose to lume the dial and not the hands?

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Lol. That was funny...but yeh, sorry man, wasn’t trying to offend, just couldn’t understand why you didn’t opt to lume the hands.

Hand applied lume application on the hour markers is always going to be very risky and hard to get the precise sharp Swiss factory look (as hinted by others above) so wondered if there was a technical reason you chose to lume the dial and not the hands?

I trust legend and his recommendation

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Should have relumed the hands as well. They look ghost white in comparison to the dial.
Whatever tough guy

Lol, easy fellas.

OK to answer mech500 the reason I did not opt to relume the hands was simply because I think that it looked consistent in person, vs the gen and matched the dial well enough. I do not own a gen 5167 (though I now have 3x 5711s) but I have seen enough of them to say that the lume of the dials and hands do not match 100% in all cases. It was of my opinion that the lume combination is consistent with how a gen CAN look, and given the fact that the watch will likely be seen as a used gen as opposed to a brand new one purchased yesterday, I opted for it to look the way it does, and the lume matches well enough in person.

Both you and rockdaly are good guys, there is no need to fight over this at all. If rockdaly is to PM me to say that he wants the hands lume done, I will tell him to send it back and do it FOC. It is an issue (and not a problem) easily addressed sir. On this forum, lets be kind to one another wherever we can.:legend:

Last edited:

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Lol, easy fellas.

OK to answer mech500 the reason I did not opt to relume the hands was simply because I think that it looked consistent in person, vs the gen and matched the dial well enough. I do not own a gen 5167 (though I now have 3x 5711s) but I have seen enough of them to say that the lume of the dials and hands do not match 100% in all cases. It was of my opinion that the lume combination is consistent with how a gen CAN look, and given the fact that the watch will likely be seen as a used gen as opposed to a brand new one purchased yesterday, I opted for it to look the way it does, and the lume matches well enough in person.

Both you and rockdaly are good guys, there is no need to fight over this at all. If rockdaly is to PM me to say that he wants the hands lume done, I will tell him to send it back and do it FOC. It is an issue (and not a problem) easily addressed sir. On this forum, lets be kind to one another wherever we can. Maybe I can try ordering my watches from KSwatches one day. :legend:

Legend
I am thrilled with my Aquanaut!
Your work is phenomenal and I agree that the hand lume looks close to gen in person. The shock white in photos does not appear that way on the wrist. The watch is stunning!
I was just having some fun with mech500 because I felt his comment was rude. I could care less about his opinion, my watch is perfect for me.
peace and love!

Reactions: Max Cady and legend

andyaudi42

11/11/07
Sh*t... Now I want a legend built aquanaut

amazing looking piece above. Wear it well

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Just pulled the trigger on one of these. I've approved my QC but thought I'd share as mine seems to have the mis matching lume on hands and dial. I've seen 5167 gens and as legend said in person the dial lume doesn't appear as yellow/green as this under natural light. I'm interested to see what this will look like when on my wrist but I've a feeling I'll want the same mod as rockdaly

​​​​​​
jYy7s3.jpg

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Just pulled the trigger on one of these. I've approved my QC but thought I'd share as mine seems to have the mis matching lume on hands and dial. I've seen 5167 gens and as legend said in person the dial lume doesn't appear as yellow/green as this under natural light. I'm interested to see what this will look like when on my wrist but I've a feeling I'll want the same mod as rockdaly

​​​​​​
jYy7s3.jpg

You have a picture of what the movement looks like? I got mine and mine was produced in late September. Mine has a ivoryish lume in the numerals. I will relume the hands and do some more mods, now awaiting the parts to come.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
BTW the squares and rectangles containing the lume beside the numerals on mine are more of white instead of green. I am confused. Is it due to light conditions of they updated something on 5167? The lume on mine does not look like this bright green even in sunlight.

2 explanations: 1. Your TD adjusted the color/light in the QC pics. 2. there is a silent update. I appreciate it if you could post a picture of the movement.

Last edited:

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
If you want to take a look. Please send me your email address so that I can send to you a picture of mine beside your QC.

Last edited:

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
BTW the squares and rectangles containing the lume beside the numerals on mine are more of white instead of green. I am confused. Is it due to light conditions of they updated something on 5167? The lume on mine does not look like this bright green even in sunlight.

2 explanations: 1. Your TD adjusted the color/light in the QC pics. 2. there is a silent update. I appreciate it if you could post a picture of the movement.

Photo's of the movement as requested

jY4wwY.jpg

It's my understanding the earlier batch of 5167's had matching lume on hands and dial that was the more greenish yellow as per the dial of mine, then the later batch of 5167's had this mismatch of lume with the hands being the bright white colour. The gens I've seen do have a yellow/green tint to the lume but not as pronounced as it looks in my dial QC pics. I will await to receive in person to give full comment but legend stated earlier in person the new hand lume looks closer to gen so if your dial is less green then maybe you have a new batch with updated dial???

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
If you want to take a look. Please send me your email address so that I can send to you a picture of mine beside your QC.

Best for you to share here on the forum for all to see and comment. There are far more knowledgeable individuals than I on here than can be more helpful.

You can share images using this website https://clickpix.org/

madmax783

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/21
same please. can someone pm the info about the rubber strap? thanks.

Last edited:

madmax783

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/21
same please. can someone pm the info about the rubber strap? thanks.

I can't edit my previous dumb request. After reading the full discussion (it took hours lol) I would like to say thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. I learnt so much from you guys. De vrais connaisseurs, bravo.

Reactions: 2841

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
My watch was delivered on 11-01 to my modder but I will have to wait until this Sunday to mod my watch. I did not expect such a long wait... ZF strap is ready but I am not sure if I bought the correct one since I cannot tell the differences on the straps...

Tobel

6/7/17
Where can I buy it? Please send me the link in mp
I’m in France, thank you

Please take a moment to read about trusted dealers and their roles. You can find all the info you need in the newbie section and FAQ