• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF V2 Master Ultra Thin Moon vs GF V3 vs GF V4

reppotato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22
Hi guys, I saw there were some discussion regarding to the GF V3 vs V4 movements. ZF also just made a V2 of this. Is it still true that GF has better moon than ZF? Which one do you guys think is better? If anyone has the latest models and can share the experience here, it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers :)

sixtysevensixty

Horology Curious
24/10/22
Also curious about this. It seems like there's no consensus on what movement is in the GF V4 between a decorated Miyota 9015 or clone 925. If ZF is just now getting around to a clone movement while GF has had the clone in their V4 for a bit, I'm definitely going GF because it does seem the moon is better from that factory.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Following this. GF looks great indeed but I stayed on the V3 and the idea to get a nice UTM gets stronger day by day. ZF looks like a serious challenger now...

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Also curious about this. It seems like there's no consensus on what movement is in the GF V4 between a decorated Miyota 9015 or clone 925. If ZF is just now getting around to a clone movement while GF has had the clone in their V4 for a bit, I'm definitely going GF because it does seem the moon is better from that factory.
To my knowledge, GF V4 has a better moon phase but uses a miyota movement. ZF is the more popular option and now with the V2 has the clone movement. See pics of movements to see the difference.

GF: https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=23129
ZF: https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=25635

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
GF moon looks nicer than ZF moon, however both moons are not gen-like.

tickingbracelet

Horology Curious
25/12/22
usa
It might be possible to get GF in either movement, puretime has it listed with the 925 clone movement but theonewatches has it listed with the MY9015 movement. Was chatting with Steve from theonewatches and I wanted to make sure I was getting the Miyota movement with the GF v4 and he confirmed that it was Miyota.

Also I asked Steve the difference between ZF v1 and v2 and he believes the only difference is the movement from 9015 -> 925 clone without any real other aesthetic updates

tickingbracelet

Horology Curious
25/12/22
usa
aaand maybe it's just incorrectly listed.. asked again and he said v4 is clone movement but also mentioned the main diff between ZF v1->v2 and GF v3->v4 is just the movement going from miyota to clone

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
I was under the impression that the finishing on ZF (excluding the moonphase disk) is generally better. I am torn between both ZF v2 and GF v4. Is there a consensus emerging from people that have received the ZF v2?

Reactions: hikka33

hikka33

Looking Around
9/3/21
I was under the impression that the finishing on ZF (excluding the moonphase disk) is generally better. I am torn between both ZF v2 and GF v4. Is there a consensus emerging from people that have received the ZF v2?
Let me know if you find out please, currently in the same predicament and trying to decide

reptastical21

25/3/20
I haven't received my ZF V2 yet, but I got my QC's. Already approved. Movement is clone on the V2.

reptastical21

25/3/20
The only details that I noticed are: font on the logo looks a little thin, and the moonphase looks a little dark from some angles (I think in person this won't be as evident.) The Movement looks really nice.