• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF V2 JLC Ultra Thin Moon w/ Clone 925

Ross1909

Horology Curious
23/8/22
Me and another guy have orders and gotten QC control pics already. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago so it should be arriving soon! I will post pics once it arrives!
Did you?? Which dealer did you use and did you run it through RepTime QC? Would love to see the QC pics if you have them, been waiting to see the "real" version of this for ages.

Reactions: El3

PunkRockDoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/18
Did you?? Which dealer did you use and did you run it through RepTime QC? Would love to see the QC pics if you have them, been waiting to see the "real" version of this for ages.
There’s a post on reptime with the new ap factory in rose gold. Looks pretty dang good.

El3

22/6/23
USA

It arrived!! I ordered it from jtime about two weeks ago. I was worried about the numbers on the calendar looking a lil off, but they’re so small in person, it would be hard to notice. It definitely looks a lot better in person than the QC pictures make it out to be.

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
It arrived!! I ordered it from jtime about two weeks ago. I was worried about the numbers on the calendar looking a lil off, but they’re so small in person, it would be hard to notice. It definitely looks a lot better in person than the QC pictures make it out to be.
How about the moon phase stars compared to Gen?

El3

22/6/23
USA
How about the moon phase stars compared to Gen?
It has the multiple lil stars just like gen, I’ve actually never seen a gen in person so I can’t give that comparison 😅 I was always just impressed with how the JLC ultra thin moon looked in pictures online. Internet warrior here.

But I can say the stars; and the moon phase in general, r so small that most ppl probably couldn’t even notice them if it was on ur wrist. And examining it up close, the light needs to hit it a certain way in order to see the glimmer of the stars.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

So this is the APSF or the ZF? Can you take a pic of the movement through the caseback?

El3

22/6/23
USA
So this is the APSF or the ZF? Can you take a pic of the movement through the caseback?

It’s the APSF version. The APSF is currently the only one with the updated moon phase.

Lemme know if these pics r good enough for u need better pics 😅

Reactions: reppotato

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

It’s the APSF version. The APSF is currently the only one with the updated moon phase.

Lemme know if these pics r good enough for u need better pics 😅
Those pics are great. It seems like APSF have the better dial and moonphase disc, and ZF has the better movement engraving. I might have to order both and then swap the ZF engraved bridge into the APSF. Then either sell the ZF with APSF movement bridge, or keep the ZF for spare parts since apparently the A925 movement is notoriously unreliable.

watchlover162511

Horology Curious
30/7/17
Could you tell us more about the clone 925 movement as to why it is "notoriously unreliable"? I'm really interested in the ZF model with the 925 clone. Thanks.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Could you tell us more about the clone 925 movement as to why it is "notoriously unreliable"? I'm really interested in the ZF model with the 925 clone. Thanks.
There's a list of clone movements somewhere (sorry can't find the link) that orders them by quality / reliability. The A925 is in the bottom tier "it ticks", which is to say, it's not reliable.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
THe 925 is:
If it dies, it dies. FInding someone willing to work on it, will be a problem. Here's the list.

I guess puting the rotor back in place and tightening the screws is an easy enough job. Everything else might turn out to be catastrophic failure

Mitzyy

Horology Curious
9/8/19
There's a list of clone movements somewhere (sorry can't find the link) that orders them by quality / reliability. The A925 is in the bottom tier "it ticks", which is to say, it's not reliable.
Do you or any watchmakers you know have any experience with or knowledge about the 925 clone? Would a service do anything to improve it's reliability long-term, or is there a high likelihood it'll fail, regardless of what you do?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Do you or any watchmakers you know have any experience with or knowledge about the 925 clone? Would a service do anything to improve it's reliability long-term, or is there a high likelihood it'll fail, regardless of what you do?
I haven’t worked on one, but I think @majwilliams0308 has… so maybe Major can comment on the quality importvenent after a service.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I haven't fully serviced one of these movements, but taken quite a bit apart. I didn't see anything that was a red flag off the bat as far as dirty or anything like that. Getting it serviced certainly could not hurt.