• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Zf seamaster

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
Is it currently difficult for TDs to get a zf white ceramic dial seamaster 300m?
I’ve contacted and paid Hont, and so far he has procured two vsf models. I have stated again that I want a ZF, so hopefully he can find one.

abe2np

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
4/8/22
He absolutely can find one, it's just he has a ton of orders and doesn't really have much time, so he assumes you ordered the more popular factory. I have posted on your other thread a more detailed breakdown of Hont.

percepio

You're Saying I Can Buy?
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
Switzerland
i wanted to order a ZF one from steve. he told me it would take much longer to source compared to the VSF one.
so maybe there really is a shortage of ZF models?

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Ordered a green zf from steve 3 days ago, waiting now for qc photos…hope to get it soon.

Reactions: percepio

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
same story here...white dials out of stock for ZF...asked for VSF, also out of stock. Going VSF grey dial....

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
It’s unfortunate. I was really thinking it would make a good summer watch.

percepio

You're Saying I Can Buy?
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
Switzerland
yeah, same here...
because i'm so impatient, i changed my order with steve to a breitling superocean.
kinda glad i did when i hear that these still aren't available

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Cancelled order with Steve after 2+weeks waiting time for qc (no qc photos received), intime found one in 3 days. Zf is unfortunately hard to find at the moment. Approved qc:

palantor

Horology Curious
18/3/23
Germany
I asked Andrew from Trusty at 15/04/23 for the white dial from zf and he told me that the factory acknowledged availability. Payment was received 17/04/23 so I'm waiting 10 days now for qc. Seems I'll run just into the same issue...:(

apearce

5/12/12
I ordered blue dial ZF from Puretime 17april23 (paid date) - still waiting . what bugs me is:

1) they said they have to check its in stock before providing payment details. Im finding it hard to believe that happened, as it took 2+weeks for them to have aledgedly received a watch (though no proof as they say they rejected it and sent it back)

2) now 3weeks and they say theres an issue with movements. So if true, why cant the factory fix the wonky batons/swap the dial instead of putting me to the back of the queue again, grr. we had it - so close yet so far now. this happened with the last order too

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
Wait times like these, and the scarcity of the exact model I want has me considering gen 😂
Tbh I’ve liked the seamaster since before I was in the rep game, so it’s kinda been a desire to own one for a long time.

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
I ordered blue dial ZF from Puretime 17april23 (paid date) - still waiting . what bugs me is:

1) they said they have to check its in stock before providing payment details. Im finding it hard to believe that happened, as it took 2+weeks for them to have aledgedly received a watch (though no proof as they say they rejected it and sent it back)

2) now 3weeks and they say theres an issue with movements. So if true, why cant the factory fix the wonky batons/swap the dial instead of putting me to the back of the queue again, grr. we had it - so close yet so far now. this happened with the last order too

I also have a Seamaster 300M (Black) ordered from Puretime.
I ordered mine on March 16, 2023, and am still waiting.
I had to reject a QC due to misalignment.
Was also told by Puretime that ZF is out of movements or something so need to wait more, which I don't mind that much, but it has been quite a while now.

palantor

Horology Curious
18/3/23
Germany
Andrew said there is no timeline at zf for the white one so I switched over to the vsf model. But he said it will at take at least 2 weeks. 9 days are already gone...

apearce

5/12/12
I asked a couple of other TDs about getting the ZF model that I really wanted and they all gave different timescales. So I chose one that said a week, and they got it in a week.

Its a shame we have to go through this trial and error - the TDs told me they can't push the factories or even get an ETA for an order -of they have so little buying power with the factories, who are the factories bif customers?

One dealer also charges 20usd to add a rubber strap rather than 80usd like the other dealers... Which does rather undermine the idea that profit margins are tiny, and hence totally non negotiable.

PM me if you need details - Im not sure I shoukd name people here

palantor

Horology Curious
18/3/23
Germany
I fully agree. If I heard earlier from this, I might not have switched to the vsf model. But now finally my vsf arrived and I'm quite happy with it. It took about 6 weeks from order to arrival. And by the way - I also paid 80 bugs for the rubber strap...

...and now I'm just wearing nato ...

3Fs9nb.jpeg

Reactions: xorlows

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
That's a beautiful watch; you nailed it for sure, enjoy.

watcho203

Horology Curious
Supporter
9/7/23
Boston, MA
It'a a really nice looking watch. I wasn't aware VSF build SM, I'm likely going to get one soon.