• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Looks worth doing ... my wallets defo feeling blue :D
I need to get my old hobby back: fast cars...

I thought that cars were expensive! Turns out, a car you only buy every 5 or so years.

With watches, you think about the next one after leaving the showroom or hitting the order button. Also, nobody told me that you can also mod watches, and that it's just as expensive as modding a BMW. 😂

Thank God for high-end replicas, because that's the fantastic advantage: You can't have a replica Ferrari. Well, you can. But the best ones available are the equivalent of a $30 Dhgate shitter. 😂😂😂😂

Good luck with your AP mod. Post plenty of images once you have it back and keep us updated on the progress itself as well!

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
I need to get my old hobby back: fast cars...

I thought that cars were expensive! Turns out, a car you only buy every 5 or so years.

With watches, you think about the next one after leaving the showroom or hitting the order button. Also, nobody told me that you can also mod watches, and that it's just as expensive as modding a BMW. 😂

Thank God for high-end replicas, because that's the fantastic advantage: You can't have a replica Ferrari. Well, you can. But the best ones available are the equivalent of a $30 Dhgate shitter. 😂😂😂😂

Good luck with your AP mod. Post plenty of images once you have it back and keep us updated on the progress itself as well!
Except the bmw will always have something broken 😡. Nothing like having a m8 challenge for 12 months but it spent over 6 months in the shop

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Except the bmw will always have something broken 😡. Nothing like having a m8 challenge for 12 months but it spent over 6 months in the shop
What was the issue with the m8 if you don’t mind me asking. I know it’s off topic but 6 months in the workshop sounds horrific to say the least.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
What was the issue with the m8 if you don’t mind me asking. I know it’s off topic but 6 months in the workshop sounds horrific to say the least.
Absolutley don’t mind love talking cars, I’m a real car guy and i do a lot of my own work. Started out as sumping oil blowback to intake, then to Excessive oil consumption. Electrical gremlins. Last piece of garbage bmw I’ll ever own.

I’ve had a lot of cars, f360 challenge, 997 gt3, flying spur, Range Rover autobiography x2, Alfa Romeo spider, 750i x 2, s500, blah blah

Last decent bmw I owned was e39 m5

What I own now
C5 vette convertible
993 widebody convertible (air cooled 911) I do almost all the work
R129 mercedes sl
Escalade pickup v ( cts -v 6.2l) to haul my crap it has like 250k on it lol
The bosses truck Lexus GX460

Lexus IS excellent, I will be replacing the bmw with a Lexus LC500.

Why? Big displacement, v8 no forced induction minimal direct injection I’ll get 200k out of that car.

My advice buy a Lexus or a Toyota, and if you buy preowned- make sure you get a Toyota or Lexus that’s well maintained people tend to neglect the maintenance since their so reliable- not all models- most. 10k oils changes are bullshit 5k or 6 months on any car. :)

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Some images for you guys:

The 15202 XF V2 - are used to wear it for almost 2 years. I was very happy with that watch although the movement became more and more unreliable, meaning that the watch would just stop randomly, sometimes even while wearing it on the wrist.

The 15500 ZF V3 - the watch is substantially thicker and heavier than the 15202. I had to get used to it but so far I’m very happy with that watch it’s accurate and reliable and just looks amazing.

The 15400 ZF V2 in Rosé - I wonder how long the rose gold will stay with the watch. I have the feeling it’ll fade kind of soon maybe in one or two years watch looks a little weird. Compared to the 15202 wears is a little larger, which I think is cool, and compared to the 15400 it’s a little later and smaller. I think the 15400 maybe the perfect watch for me. The ZF versions wristband feels a little cheap and makes some rattle noises when you shake it. I think they could’ve done a better job doing the wristband.

Reactions: DJFinder

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Some images for you guys:

The 15202 XF V2 - are used to wear it for almost 2 years. I was very happy with that watch although the movement became more and more unreliable, meaning that the watch would just stop randomly, sometimes even while wearing it on the wrist.

The 15500 ZF V3 - the watch is substantially thicker and heavier than the 15202. I had to get used to it but so far I’m very happy with that watch it’s accurate and reliable and just looks amazing.

The 15400 ZF V2 in Rosé - I wonder how long the rose gold will stay with the watch. I have the feeling it’ll fade kind of soon maybe in one or two years watch looks a little weird. Compared to the 15202 wears is a little larger, which I think is cool, and compared to the 15400 it’s a little later and smaller. I think the 15400 maybe the perfect watch for me. The ZF versions wristband feels a little cheap and makes some rattle noises when you shake it. I think they could’ve done a better job doing the wristband.

Curious why you picked the zf v3 vs the apsf 15500, blue is my favorite, I know the dial is better on the zf- but still learning ap

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Supporter
Certified
14/5/18
I was out of reps since 2019 and came back few weeks ago.

Instantly picked 15500 v3.

One month on wrist and this masterpiece still has 0 (+/- 1) s/day.

Can't even imagine how this business moved so quickly.

Such an amazing quality.

Gonna pick VSF 41 DJ now and I will be done for now :)

TC v6
15500 v3
DJ 41 White

<3

Reactions: Kettle1 and joeyc

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

Such an amazing quality.

TC v6
15500 v3
DJ 41 White

<3
I can still remember the times when I told myself “just this piece more and I’ll be done” and it always was a lie ;)

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Gen 15500 blue dial
The difference with the rep one is night and day imo
3Uj1XP.jpg

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU

Such an amazing quality.

TC v6
15500 v3
DJ 41 White

<3
Which colour did you choose?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Gen 15500 blue dial
The difference with the rep one is night and day imo
It is true. Gen AP dial quality is never something the rep or even modded can compare with.
I guess for reps, it is sufficient that each owner achieves the level of visual closeness in his watch(es) that he is comfortable with.
If the rep watch can reach the level of being 1:1 with the gen (I am talking about the material used, craftmanship and visual aspects, then it will render the gen comparatively useless to purchase for wear, and it will serve only as the "point of origin" for rep makers produce at x% of the price.

So I am thankful for the quality differences between the gens and reps. It helps me appreciate the gen more, and also accentuate the fun that the reps can bring, the flaws and price difference considered.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
It is true. Gen AP dial quality is never something the rep or even modded can compare with.
I guess for reps, it is sufficient that each owner achieves the level of visual closeness in his watch(es) that he is comfortable with.
If the rep watch can reach the level of being 1:1 with the gen (I am talking about the material used, craftmanship and visual aspects, then it will render the gen comparatively useless to purchase for wear, and it will serve only as the "point of origin" for rep makers produce at x% of the price.

So I am thankful for the quality differences between the gens and reps. It helps me appreciate the gen more, and also accentuate the fun that the reps can bring, the flaws and price difference considered.
Everything on point mr.A

Especially the blue dial is mesmerizing, the different shades of blue it changes depending the light its just beautiful. Well... AP workmanship here, so it is as expected...

Upgrade your zf-apsf with gen dial is something tottaly worthy if you love wearing this watch

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc

This is what I was waiting for!

And I just wanna add a shitty comment, with gen ap dial quality you can’t rep 1:1 this is why so many Rolex and Panerai are repped near 1:1 because you can, nothing compares to the holy trinity ap Vc and Patek