• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
Both watches have flaws, literally all of them have been discussed on this forum before, multiple times. Asking someone to summarize them here is like asking someone to wipe your butt. You can do yourself...

Not asking anyone to wipe my butt. I've gone through the ZF and XF threads and done all the reading. I've even contributed to some myself. Legend doesn't owe me a response nor was I expecting one, but if one of these days when he has extra time and is in the mood to respond maybe there is a possibility that there is something about one of the watches that I missed. I know how the forum works, I'm not one of those members expects everyone to give me answers. Sorry if I came across like that but thats not the situation

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks! What would you say the flaws are of XF that make ZF better?

http://www.aifangbiao.com/3586.html - XF

http://www.aifangbiao.com/4294.html - ZF

I've been looking at these links for close comparison for anyone in the same position as me

Well ok remember this is my opinion. Do not take it as absolute facts. Also, please do your own research, it will help support/refute what I said, thank you

Dial: XF > ZF for me, for the color, finish and pinion opening size
Hands: About the same, but I will prefer XF myself
Bezel, case, crown and bracelet/clasp: ZF > XF
Crystal: about the same.
Movement and rotor: ZF and XF both take them from the same source.
Datewheel: very slight variance between the 2, but I will go for ZF myself.

So overall, a ZF with an XF dial will be what I will choose if I can. That is my opinion. I do not state it as a fact. Others here may feel differently and you have to decide for yourself what works for you. Thank you.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Well ok remember this is my opinion. Do not take it as absolute facts. Also, please do your own research, it will help support/refute what I said, thank you

Dial: XF > ZF for me, for the color, finish and pinion opening size
Hands: About the same, but I will prefer XF myself
Bezel, case, crown and bracelet/clasp: ZF > XF
Crystal: about the same.
Movement and rotor: ZF and XF both take them from the same source.
Datewheel: very slight variance between the 2, but I will go for ZF myself.

So overall, a ZF with an XF dial will be what I will choose if I can. That is my opinion. I do not state it as a fact. Others here may feel differently and you have to decide for yourself what works for you. Thank you.

100% correct, as always.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not asking anyone to wipe my butt. I've gone through the ZF and XF threads and done all the reading. I've even contributed to some myself. Legend doesn't owe me a response nor was I expecting one, but if one of these days when he has extra time and is in the mood to respond maybe there is a possibility that there is something about one of the watches that I missed. I know how the forum works, I'm not one of those members expects everyone to give me answers. Sorry if I came across like that but thats not the situation

Actually, I agree with what you said. The "wipe my butt" type of guys are different, they start a thread to ask a question on the first day, the answer (or opinion) to which have been provided many times already. If you are asking for my opinion, you can do so anytime. If you are looking for an answer, you know how a lot of the "answers" are subjective in the replica watch hobby and you can decide better for yourself reading stuff which others have posted. Remember above all that the so-called "experts" are often guys with the more popular opinions. You have to decide what you can and cannot live with for any replica watch. Nobody else can decide that for you sir. All the best!

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I have 2 dials XF and they are very good...

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
Actually, I agree with what you said. The "wipe my butt" type of guys are different, they start a thread to ask a question on the first day, the answer (or opinion) to which have been provided many times already. If you are asking for my opinion, you can do so anytime. If you are looking for an answer, you know how a lot of the "answers" are subjective in the replica watch hobby and you can decide better for yourself reading stuff which others have posted. Remember above all that the so-called "experts" are often guys with the more popular opinions. You have to decide what you can and cannot live with for any replica watch. Nobody else can decide that for you sir. All the best!

Thank you to both of your responses legend . and Yes I was asking for you opinion (as opposed to expecting a straight answer) and I highly appreciate you telling me your opinion. It seems that a lot of people on the thread prefer the ZF dial (tapisserie) but I too like you prefer the XF dial due to the color (from photos I've seen). I'm not sure what makes ZF's case, bracelet, and crown better than XF aside from seeing on other threads people having to sand down their XF due to it being so sharp.

So far I have been leaning towards the XF as the hand base is not as hideous as the ZF and to me the dial color is closer. I usually dont have a hard time picking from two factories but to me ZF and XF are super close. I'll have to look closer at the bezel, case and bracelet of both to make a better decision, hopefully before the TD runs out of both.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
XF is reportedly shut down and will not reopen. Its posted in the "Collected List of Factory Statuses" thread which is in the Replica Watch General Discussion sub-forum.

Reactions: Lariram

subaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/18
any chance, anyone might have any XF dial for sale?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Spotted this new releases today, I don't guarantee it's really from zf but the hands pizza pinion looks like to be from zf lol.

Looks like bracelet midlinks are polished.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Spotted this new releases today, I don't guarantee it's really from zf but the hands pizza pinion looks like to be from zf lol.

Looks like bracelet midlinks are polished.

And the bezel, and the smoked gradient dial. This is a 15202IP.

Reactions: Lariram

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
It is pretty off from the gen's platinum bezel and links, Ti case and bracelet, and the gradient blue dial is extremely hard to copy, not mentioning the famous ZF pizza pinions

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It will be a scratch magnet even more than the brushed versions :D

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4a (5G) mit Tapatalk

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Does this model have same major flaw of the balance wheel not having those "weight dots" on it? Like the 15400 and the 15500?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Anything is possible in this strange world

In a general way your statement is true. But for the rep makers to modify the balance wheel on the watches just to achieve the same aesthetics, it’s not very possible because this will involve modding a lot than just the balance wheel to preserve the timekeeping.
So I do agree somewhat with the statement above yours. That this is very unlikely to happen and a new clone 4302 movement will be a lot more likely than just a modded balance wheel.

Last edited: