• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nato Strap For Black Sub

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
sub-wp5-640.jpg

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Seen some subs with leather, but I never liked them. Problem you'll run into with leather is that you'll have a pretty noticable gap between the band and the case. You avoid that with a Nato. Word of caution about Nato, though. Make sure to get a good, comfortable strap. From what I've heard, they can either be very comfortable or very uncomfortable. If you look around, there was a thread on this topic about a month ago. Pug can give you some good info on where to purchase a comfy Nato strap.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
piratedzeus said:
http://timefactors.co.uk/nato.htm

This is where Pug buys ;)
Indeed, and I think I'll get a black 22mm for my PO and a green 20mm for my LV.

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
If you are in the US/Canada...you can buy from this guy..

hxxp://www.westcoastime.com/

He gets his straps from the same people as Eddie at Timefactors, I think they are partners, so-to-speak, as they advertise each others site.

My bond strap from him should arrive today, based on Pug's advice.

EDIT** After getting the Bond from WCT I see that it is not the same as Pug has from Timefactors. Apparently they sell alot of the 20mm Bond so the stock has varied. I emailed the seller and he insists that his material is the same or higher quality and the hardware is better. Offered a full refund if I want to try Timefactor's. This being my first NATO I have no idea, other than this seller is a highly respected WIS so I will take his word for it.....

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
chief3630 said:

He gets his straps from the same people as Eddie at Timefactors, I think they are partners, so-to-speak, as they advertise each others site.

Do you know if the nylon Bond strap has the name Bond on it? I just put in an order for a black Nato for the SD and may get the Bond also...would like to see your strap when it comes in.. :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
pugwash said:
cybee said:
Do you know if the nylon Bond strap has the name Bond on it?
Mine doesn't, and I don't think any do.

Thanks pugwash. I'll just stick with ordering the black strap for the SD. Those straps on your Subs look real nice and sporty. :)

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
I saw a post either here or on RWG a few weeks ago about a really cool Nato strap for the Omeeega Moonwatch. It's a nato strap with velcro and the nametag of one of the original Apollo astronauts. Very, very cool.

sennsi

Known Member
17/5/06
Leather

I got both but I prefer leather on a daily basis. That's just me.

Whichever choice you make, it'll look good, imho.

DSC03478Large.jpg

DSC03298Large.jpg

DSC03262Large.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Re: Leather

sennsi said:
I got both but I prefer leather on a daily basis. That's just me.

Whichever choice you make, it'll look good, imho.

Very nice sennsi. I guess one advantage to nylon is that it supposedly will not rot from water, not that anyone is actually going diving with their rep on. The leather does look nice, I better get both. :)

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Is that a black case? Or is it just the light? I've seen a few of those completely blacked out Subs, and I do dig 'em.

ljay

23/4/06
seanf said:
Is that a black case? Or is it just the light? I've seen a few of those completely blacked out Subs, and I do dig 'em.

Yep, it's black...picked it up from Narikaa last year. I dig em' too

Ljay :D

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Read a weird story about the gen counterparts. Apparently, Rolex doesn't make the blacked out subs themselves, but I believe they've authorized some company to do it and sell them. So they do make real blacked out Subs. You just can't buy them from Rolex. This is just what I read, so I'm not sure if it's accurate. Take it with a grain of salt.

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
chief3630 said:

Cheif.....is that Bond strap one of the Zulu straps?