• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there any CARTIER fans out there?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
I used to be a rollie guy but now i'm into all kinda brand....omega..tag..pam...montblanc...cartier...etc...
i just opened my eye.... :lol: noob forever~

anyways...here's my new acquisition for Cartier Pasha SeaTimer Black Dial. I think this watch is under rated like WBK said....

Beautiful watch....and very accurate too!

Picture277.jpg

Picture278.jpg

Picture275.jpg

Picture276.jpg

SteveG

29/6/06
I too have this watch, just SS no Rubber. I like it a lot, certainly a change of pace. I compared it to the gen and it was surprising similar. Only the font is slightly off as pointed out earlier. However, the weight id dead on and overall feel of the watch just about perfect.

road rash

20/12/06
IMHO all Cartiers are big, nice, and interesting watches. they do get noticed and no one will every say -"hey is that a folex".
Nice watch. :D

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
now i look at it.....the fonts ARE wrong....damn it! :evil:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
jiro2085 said:

oh don't worry about the fonts anyway..I have a white seatimer, most people have never even seen a Cartier Seatimer. I think WBK is right it is an underrated watch. Does your watch have a 2836-2 in it? And you have the correct date wheel on it. :) The only thing with mine is that it is a little difficult to wind because of the very small crown on the stem...The gen winds very easy and smooth, but for $5200.00 :)

Dario33

19/5/06
I don't know knowledgeable on Cartier's, but like the few model's I've seen. Is there a consensus on the best (re: most accurate) Cartier rep out there? :)

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
i have had this watch for a while now and still love it, kudos for your new watch, wear it well

take care
joe

digitalgulby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/07
Nice looking watch.

I used to have a pair of Cartier sunglasses until I lost them, they were the hotness. 8)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Dario33 said:
I don't know knowledgeable on Cartier's, but like the few model's I've seen. Is there a consensus on the best (re: most accurate) Cartier rep out there? :)

...well for me I know the Seatimer has its inaccuracies but what rep doesnt? The weight is very close but main difference from the real thing IMO was the gen bracelet was slightly more supple and the watch is easier to wind...Someone here did a review on the Seatimer a while back back I can't seem to locate it.... :)
The Roadster is also a nice watch..

turbogt

14/2/07
Cartier Fan too

I also like Cartier, but I have only owned Santos 100 in SS and a Roadster.

However, there where several cons to the S100:

-The case is different at the lugs
-The font is quite thicker on the gen
-Misalignement on the Cartier and Automatic
-Hands are not correct size and shape
-Dial is quite similar but compared to the gen hand in hand, it's a complete different story

Anyhow, I've been searching for the real deal in this watch, but haven't found a great rep.

Cheers!

robc_uk

25/11/06
If you are looking for Cartier try Narikaa!

He's started posting some 'different' watches :D

mickeypro

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/06
Need cartier straps

Anyone know where to get Cartier straps size 22 for deployment buckle. My santos 100 is cracked.

thanks

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I like the Roadster with the XL case size......chrono....but I haven't been able to find a nice rep :cry:

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I have a roadster and a pasha...very nice reps..

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
jiro2085 said:

Fonts Shmonts, who cares no one will ever notice it. Just wear it and enjoy it. If you start seeing every flaw in a rep you will never enjoy any watch. I have never seen the "Perfect Rep"

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
Only people who notice the fonts and what not are US and watchsmiths. I can't tell you how many times AD's looked at my rep(s) and drooled over them.

As for Cartiers, this was my starter rep my mother of all people got for $70 in Korea, and I've gotten MANY compliments on it; it use to be my daily beater for 2005. It still runs like a champ!

P1010056.jpg

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
I have a Pasha Seatimer and a Santos 100 chrono and I love them....great watches and very accurate.. :D

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Some of my favorite reps are Cartier. I think Cartier watches are ideal for those of us with freakishly small and dainty wrists (mine is 6.5 inches).

I've got three Cartier reps purchased from different dealers. My absolute favorite is a manual winding Cartier Tortue with a black leather strap. Very simple, very elegant. Perfect dress watch. Looks like the Roadster, but without the magnification bubble. Got a Tank like drfcfighter's which I like a lot. Also got a medium size Santos Dumont-- looks just like the Santos 100, but much smaller. The Dumont is the only one I'm not completely happy with, and that's only because of the not-so-authentic-leather strap. If you get a Cartier with leather, you should really consider upgrading the strap. Only problem is that this can be harder to do than you would imagine, as Cartier watches use special bands with no holes designed for either double or single deployment clasps.

One word of caution-- be a little careful when it comes to pricing. Lots of our dealers carry the same watches from the same suppliers, but there can be HUGE differences in price. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $100 on a Cartier rep. Not because I don't like them-- it's just that you can typically find them for around $50 to $85 (including shipping) if you look hard enough.