• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Your favorite Micro-Breweries

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Well we ll know the big names like Bud Light Miller, Sam Adams ect. but what are your favorite beers produced by the smaller (maybe less known companies) that might not get as much attention. Tell everyone your favorites and expand everyone's horizons. For me it would either be:
Alltech KY Ale
kentucky-bourbon-barrel-ale-2113630.jpg

Rogue Beer
roguebeerset.jpg

Stone Brewery
usbrewery_1.jpg

Flying dog
Road-Dog.jpg

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Sierra Nevada - Chico, CA
Schlafly - St. Louis
Boulevard Brewing - Kansas City
Goose Island - Chicago

izebulon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/09
Sierra Nevada (CA) - although I doubt they classify as small any longer, find me a better go-to beverage than Torpedo
Dogfish Head (DE) - oh my
Victory Brewing (CA) - HopDevil, Hop Wollop, Golden Monkey
New Belgium Brewing (CO) - In fairness, I hate their flagship Fat Tire, it's the belgian Trippel that wins me over
BBC (KY) - delicious live, don't know about bottled on the shelf
Boscoe's (TN) - Bock, Alt, Porter, IPA

Rogue is great, Stone's IPA is in line...Someone give me one to go evaluate. But don't make it a wheat beer or there will be irrational hate....

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
New Belgium Brewing (CO) - In fairness, I hate their flagship Fat Tire

I celebrated my first trout caught on the fly with a Fat Tire. It is an acquired taste. You either love it or hate it.

It was a brown trout on the Cache Le Poudre river near Fort Collins, CO. Sorry no pics. And I'm sure a "brown trout" joke will follow this post. :biglaugh:

izebulon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/09
No hating on brown trout. God bless on the fly fishing, been there: brown, rainbow, the elusive golden, all manner of things that aren't fish, the should be thrown back, tree branches, my hat, etc...

And believe me, where I live Fat Tire is a frequent offering as a "good beer". And I certainly appreciate it over the run of the mill macro brew. But it's like Bock. I've had some great ones, and that it probably means I will never like Shiner. Call me a snob; I've tried hard to like both of those so I'll live with the hating criticism.

Go deep on New Belgium, they have a lot to offer.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
My wife hates it. Good news for me! :biglaugh:

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I like Fat Tire, but I prefer New Belgium's 1554.

Good call on the Moon River Brewing Co, COLDI. Although, I like Savannah and the brewpub itself far more than I like the actual beer they make.

If you like dark beers and stouts, check out the Left Hand Brewing Co. in Longmont, CO. www.lefthandbrewing.com My wife LOVES their Milk Stout.

While I'm here in VA, I've been drinking a lot of Alewerks Tavern Ale www.williamsburgalewerks.com

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Roo, I believe I had some New Glarus beer while I was in Eau Claire, WI for work. Don't remember if it was THAT beer or not, but I remember it was good.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I guess these guys (Coopers) still qualify as a micro-brewery. This is one my absolute favourite beers:

Coopers_Sparkling_Large.jpg

You can find it in some Aussie bars overseas, but you can also order it online from a number of shops. Really worth a try.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I discovered the Franziskaner a few months ago, and couldn't drink anything else since then :)
It's a german beer, produced in one the the oldest brewery in Munich.

405px-franziskaner_weisse_16_9_ozglass2.jpg