• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

is it worth the extra $$$

turtlelax23

Horology Curious
20/3/09
New to reps and fairly new to watch collecting. I am looking for an Omega Seamaster Chrono and have looked a various dealer sites. I LOVE this watch. I have found two versions one for about $295 and another for $108. Would I be happy with the less expensive? What would I be happy vs. disappointed in with either. I am sure that the descriptions are not complete so those of you in the know please help. Thanks for your help in advance.

Omega Seamaster Chronograph Asia Valjoux 7750 Movement with Black Dial-Red Marking
Product Description:($295on Watch Eden)

* Asia Valjoux 7750 Automatic Movement
* with Smooth Sweeping Seconds Hand
* Screw-in watch crown
* Fully Functional Chronograph Pusher at 2:00 starts/stops Chronograph Pusher at 4:00 resets Chronograph
* Solid 316 Stainless Steel Case
* Solid 316 Stainless Steel Strap
* Sapphire Crystal Glass Face
* Water-Resistant
* Man Size: 41mm
* Updated Model, New Caseback with Anticounterfeit Insignias, Serials and Caseback Graphics.."Red" Seamaster on Dial
* Black Wavy Dial, Black Subdials,
* Bracelet Deployant Clasp with Diver's extension,
* Unidirectional Rotating Bezel, Red Chrono and Subdial needles
* 28800bph Movement With Antimagnetic Cover

Omega Seamaster Professional Working Chronograph with Black Dial and Bezel
Product Description:($108 on Watch eden)

* Top quality Japanese Quartz Working Chronograph Movement
* Screw-in watch crown
* Fully Functional Working Chronograph (Stopwatch)
* Solid 316 Stainless Steel Case
* Solid 316 Stainless Steel Strap
* Mineral crystal scratch durable glass face
* Water-Resistant
* Man Size: 42mm

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
I would go with #1 and pay the extra money. IMO you will see and feel a big difference.
Good luck.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
cptkirk said:
I would go with #1 and pay the extra money. IMO you will see and feel a big difference.
Good luck.

That is correct, #1 is accurate to the genuine, you'll be happier in the long run with #1, why? In a nutshell: The gen is not quartz, crystal is mineral and not sapphire on the quartz version[genuine has sapphire], movement on the original is automatic not quartz, etc. :)

BTW if you plan to start off with a lower price replica to try out the rep game I would suggest you get one of these at >$100:

viewtopic.php?f=115&t=51006&hilit=tag+heuer

Extremely accurate rep true to the genuine for less than $100. :)

turtlelax23

Horology Curious
20/3/09
guanaco said:
cptkirk said:
Good luck.

That is correct, #1 is accurate to the genuine, you'll be happier in the long run with #1, why? In a nutshell: The gen is not quartz, crystal is mineral and not sapphire on the quartz version[genuine has sapphire], movement on the original is automatic not quartz, etc. :)

BTW if you plan to start off with a lower price replica to try out the rep game I would suggest you get one of these at >$100:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/vi ... =tag+heuer

Extremely accurate rep true to the genuine for less than $100. :)

Very intriguing!!! Not sold on the bezel though. But that may not be a deal breaker as the price may make up for that. Thanks for the review. I will look into this the Tag a little more.

kitersoze

26/11/08
+1 for the first one. IMO there would a big difference in look n feel, espclly with sapphire crystal over mineral.