• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Xf 15706 forged carbon diver version?

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Hi fellow AP enthusiast out there !

​​​​​​After many years of searching high and low , finally able to land good used condition xf 15706, I'm beyond trilled and love how comfortable and light it feels on wrist .

Reaching out to experts here if you guys could help identify if this is a V2 or v3 ? From my research it might be a v3 because it has active endlinks , but from the bezel it doesn't seems to have heavy vertical brushing which is seen on v3 ? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Reactions: Kurtoseas

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
it is a xf v3 if end links are moving....
bezel is as it should be for a V3...

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Thanks for the response !good to confirm my doubt. Much appreciated

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Unsure of the specific version but it’s an xf yes.

just for your info:

1. There are 2 variants of bezel brushing on the gen, the long brush and the rainfall brushing. Both exist and are consistent with different gen variants.

2. The plots on the gen FC diver aren’t as flexible as other ROOs or the steel diver. So the immovable plots are actually more accurate.

You have a nice FC diver, enjoy it and don’t worry too much.

Reactions: Allure

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Thank you legend , good to hear your opinion on this !

​​​​​​thanks for sharing those info ,good to know those fine details . While the plots are movable but only alittle bit more flexible than the other ceramic JF I have .

You are right! Been wearing to for the past few days , such a comfortable watch to wear .

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Unsure of the specific version but it’s an xf yes.

just for your info:

1. There are 2 variants of bezel brushing on the gen, the long brush and the rainfall brushing. Both exist and are consistent with different gen variants.

2. The plots on the gen FC diver aren’t as flexible as other ROOs or the steel diver. So the immovable plots are actually more accurate.

You have a nice FC diver, enjoy it and don’t worry too much.

you're right legend, and point 2 is actually very good on the rep as the watch wears slightly smaller than the gen sample...
The drawback of the story is that after a while the plots are moving more and more...

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@tongsui
@erinoush

Yes you guys are right. Like all things of such nature the plots do loosen over time and move more and more over time, like how a steel bracelet would soften. I’ve owned a gen FC diver brand new in 2012 and the plots were as stiff as bullhorns lol. Over time they did become more movable. I sold the watch 2 years later as the rep looked too close for comfort lol.

Tongsui you have a very nice specimen of the FC diver congrats and it can be worn as it is or get it touched up a bit to have that extra “wow factor”.

Reactions: burnz