• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would like to share my Pam collection with you

maccabigdish

RWI Supporter—Pam Fanatic
22/5/20
Liverpool
Hi all, I have been a member for a little while now, and I know there are many fellow paneristi amongst us. So I would like to share my collection with you

The work on piecing the collection together is almost impossible to quantify, let’s just say it’s been vast. However I didn’t want the collection to be hidden away in boxes, and wanted to be able to enjoy and appreciate it, which believe me I do.
So I built the cabinet and all it’s internals myself, and enjoyed working on it over the weekends for god knows how long. I feel it does the collection justice.
So the collection itself, at the top is the vintage section, pieces made to reflect the pre 1993 era, and no shortcuts were taken with these builds, all fitted with Swiss or even vintage movements.
The reference section is the main bulk of the collection, it’s been like a giant Easter egg hunt for adults (the wife would disagree on the adult part). Many of the fellow paneristi amongs us will know the crazy difficulty in obtaining such pieces. Although it may not appear it at first glance there has been a significant selection process to decide which pieces belong in the collection. Quite a lot of great pams do not reside here anymore. You will see it contains significantly more of the older models than the new ones, that is my preference to be honest. However I have also considered pieces that are important and significant in panerai history such as the 021 and 203 which you won’t find in any other collections. And of course my beloved pre-v range from 5218-201 to 5318-218, very special pieces and incredibly rare as they are the best possible versions by makers who are no longer with us.
Of course you can look at this collection and conclude as my good wife does that I am entirely bat shit crazy, but it makes me happy and have loved putting it together. My boys already have it earmarked as their inheritance ????
It would be remiss to not mention some of the help I have had from fellow collectors also, I won’t name them as some prefer it this way. Many have asked me to see the collection in its entirety and I hope you all enjoy it ????⌚
zWAbw4.jpg
zWAF7v.jpg
zWA0yj.jpg
zWAS31.jpg
zWAxcI.jpg
zWAVic.jpg
zWAcCX.jpg
zWAgSi.jpg
zWLZLb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
holy shit and KUDOS for allowing us to participate :sFun_mischieviousbi
an adequate description for this does not exist yet

may I suggest Sir that you seek professional help since quite obviously you suffer some kind of disorder
I kindly offer taking care of your watches while you are away

Huisman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/22
EU
I like it very much…that is quite A COLLECTION that can be written in the Guinness Book of Records!
I hope for you, now you shared this fantastic wonder ,that you have also a dissent anti burglary system !
If you don’t have this…than can I have your address… no, just kidding. I envy you Man…

Reactions: maccabigdish

Alficious

Horology Curious
23/9/21
This is the most amazing collection I have ever seen! Even more amazing than your collection must be your wife. You might have heard before about WAF - wife acceptance factor :D Usually, audiophiles have big problems with that...after a while, WAF can transform into MIF - marriage interference factor :D

I am very glad to see you have a supporting partner!

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Nice,Next I look forward to seeing your rolex collection, ????
But really, good collection,

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Reactions: maccabigdish