• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worst Beer You've Ever Had!

xray7

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
1/4/18
Old Dart
J Boag & Son Classic Bitter, aka "The Tube", sold in 4 packs of 500ml cans for $10AU when I was an underage kid.

Not seen it in 15 years and am better for it.

Maduro

Known Member
17/2/13
I remember going to Turks & Caicos a few years ago. We were so excited. Step off the plane to warm sunshine on your face & fresh sea spray. Get to our hotel & everyone is uber excited to change out of ourclothes & in to bathing suites. I go to the fridge in the room & grab the local brew (I always drink the local stuff..when in Rome you know?). I proceed to go to the balcony to enjoy the views. I crack it open, take a long sip & nearly threw up through my nose. Good lord it was horrendous. I don't recall the name & glad I don't.

MeLopRepz17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/17
Actually am pretty curious about these beers. Worst beer I've had is a budweiser, which is still not that bad.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
BUDWEISER !! Dog piss !
Closely followed by Carling Black Label vile stuff !

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
In mid 90-s I had a privilege to work for a large corporation in London area for almost two years... One day they sent me on a two-days business trip to Manchester office. And here I was, all alone, sitting in my hotel room late in the evening. Decided to visit a bar at the lobby for a beer and maybe "talk to strangers"...
Sat at the bar and that nice bartender asked me what would I like. Being lost with all the choices, I asked him to give me something popular locally. And, of course, he gave me a pint of Bitter... I didn't realize that the name of that type of beer directly derives from the taste of it! It's like accidentally licking your finger after picking inside you ear... Man! Was that bitter?!?!
Being a "polite guest", I managed to push about half of that glass down to my stomach... He saw my face and didn't charge me for that pint afterwards... ;)

Trust your own taste and stick to what you know (with rare exceptions) - that was the lesson! :)

Thesystem3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
Worst high end beer I’ve had at least according to my untapped app is Troegs dreamweaver wheat

hobowithmachete

Horology Curious
16/8/22
A few years ago, my friend and I were tieing one on here in Paris. We were looking for whatever might be open beyond 2am, and ended up at the Café du Départ across the street from Gare du Nord (biggest train station in Paris).

We ordered two 1664's, France's national beer. Not a spectacular beer, but not a bad beer by any means.

This beer was so foul. It smelled like absolute ass and tasted even worse. It must have been an issue with the keg AND the lines. Not one or the other, because it was just so disgusting.

We brought the beer back to the bar, told the guy we don't want draught, but rather a bottled beer. Wasn't much of a fuss, but still - the grossest beer I've ever had.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
A few years ago, my friend and I were tieing one on here in Paris. We were looking for whatever might be open beyond 2am, and ended up at the Café du Départ across the street from Gare du Nord (biggest train station in Paris).

We ordered two 1664's, France's national beer. Not a spectacular beer, but not a bad beer by any means.

This beer was so foul. It smelled like absolute ass and tasted even worse. It must have been an issue with the keg AND the lines. Not one or the other, because it was just so disgusting.

We brought the beer back to the bar, told the guy we don't want draught, but rather a bottled beer. Wasn't much of a fuss, but still - the grossest beer I've ever had.
That's because the glass wasn't cleaned properly. Not the beer.