• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Winter is coming...

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
In my neck of the woods (eastern Canada), the arrival of November usually means that cigar season has come to an end. Or should I just see it as the end of smoking season and the onset of aging season!

Who else on RWI lives in cold climate and needs to slow down on cigars during the colder months?

Or maybe you guys are lucky and can smoke indoors, have local smoking lounges or heated garage!

:ffuu:

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Here in MD, there are a few lounges worth visiting. Crowds are fairly low, with the exception of the serious smokers.

I love one place in Waldorf, MD...the Tinderbox. Just wish the ventilation system was better, or they use it more.

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
Here in MD, there are a few lounges worth visiting. Crowds are fairly low, with the exception of the serious smokers.

I love one place in Waldorf, MD...the Tinderbox. Just wish the ventilation system was better, or they use it more.

Sorry for the late answer! I was starting to think nobody visited this sub-forum! Either way, here in Québec (Canada), they drastically legislated against smoking lounges - and indoor smoking in general - a decade ago. On top of my head, there is only 7 or 8 lounges that are "grandfathered" because they were in existence before the ban. They are mostly located in the 2 biggest towns of the province - Montréal and Québec - thus, far from my place.

I'm currently trying to organize myself a neat little smoking spot in my detached garage, but heating the 20x40 space proves hardy and quite inefficient.

Vegas_Blues

Horology Curious
24/1/08
I live in Las Vegas, NV, so the climate is always cigar friendly, fortunately. There are always excellent cigar bars and lounges here if the weather gets too undesirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
So, turns out we have an exceptionally hot weather for Christmas this time of year - no snow and +10°C. I took the opportunity to celebrate Christmas day with a Padron Anni I've been aging for 3 years now. What a smooth smoke! My first, but surely won't be my last!