• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

William Wood Chivalrous Quartz Dress Watch

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB
I've been wearing this watch as my daily for a couple of years now so only seems fair I sing its praises a little bit.
William Wood is an relatively young British brand inspired by the Fire Service. Their latest range has started to stray into the luxury market a little more, with swiss automatic movements, but this little swiss quartz was part of their offering when they launched, which must have been around 2018. They are a regular sight within the fire community, making regular contributions to the firefighters charity and funds like the australian bushfire fund, and I've met the founder at firefighter fitness events they have helped sponsor.
The chivalrous is a classic low profiled dress watch. The 41mm diameter and 10mm thickness give it a very low profile.
The face on mine is a green sunburst, and it really does look good in the sunshine. The details on the face include a tiny victorian fire helmet and the brand signature. On the caseback, set behind a window, is a coin melted down from an original victorian brass fire helmet, with the limited edition number out of 250. Its a nice, discreet bit of bling, and definately this watch's USP.
The strap is italian leather and soft and wearable straight out of the box, although mine is now showing signs of wear. They do offer a fire hose material strap, but to me its out of place on a dress watch. The box itself is even impressive, belying its humble origins, and "feels" like a luxury offering.
Practically, the watch keeps good time, and has put up with the wear and tear of everyday life well.
It can be had for £395/ 549 USD/ 462 EUR

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks