• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who ordered from BUFF reseller 98Studio and not got replied please come in

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
So as my second order from BUFF since march, i have not received my watch. And as MANY member pm me that they did not got replied from BUFF after payment , i now open a thread to see how many of us got issue with him. He did reply me before when i ask for other products and now he disappeared when i told him lots of us looking for him. The Buff i refer to is 98studio. Please come in if you are one of us.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
It is sad that I need to open this thread. But I do feel that we need to stop his International business on rwi until he start replying and delivered our pervious order. As I know this is 98studio first time having business outside of china. And seems like he is on the run with all the money.
we must warn all member here.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
I ordered from the other buff agent, “Popup” on WeChat and have had no problems with multiple items, though I agree that they can take a lot longer to deliver than what we may be used to from TDs. Not sure about 98studio, but I’ve been satisfied with my experience ordering buff parts. By no means am I steering anyone to this seller, just sharing my experience.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
We should be clear in the title what “buff” seller we are talking about?

There are so many buff re-sellers on wechat.

I assume you’re talking about the guy on here who claimed he was the real buff factory.

There’s a guy on repgeek who sent him 16k ..... no reply.

Seems like he’s sent out a few watches to build trust and now has gone AWOL after taking larger orders.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I’ve used popup and Peggy for buff parts.

First time I used 98studio. He’s not replying. I only use disposable cash for this hobby, so not so bothered about the loss - just need to make sure others don’t order from 98studio

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

First time I used 98studio. He’s not replying. I only use disposable cash for this hobby, so not so bothered about the loss - just need to make sure others don’t order from 98studio

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

I thought 98 studio is Buff's we chat account. You are saying is a reseller of Buff's parts?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I thought 98 studio is Buff's we chat account. You are saying is a reseller of Buff's parts?

They’re all re-sellers from what I can gather. 98studo made it out that he’s the real buff off buff factory but it’s all bullshit.

Reactions: fall1n1

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
They’re all re-sellers from what I can gather. 98studo made it out that he’s the real buff off buff factory but it’s all bullshit.

Agreed, they all share similar pictures of the same products from the same factories. None of them seem to be the original source of the products, though that’s not to say they’re all unreliable, just that if they claim to be “the real buff” they’re probably lying.

Last edited:
Reactions: mech500

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Let's start a list, the wechat user ID I know is "watchbuff"

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Quick communications till payment made for a handset for 5711, £115.

Now being ghosted by him. I chased twice so far, once every two weeks. Writing in English and Chinese.

98 Studio.

The first purchase some months ago for a 5711 green dial did arrive, after about 6 weeks. This second order does feel like it turned to shite, I did notice that despite the same wechat I D the payment name had changed since the first payment. I know they have multiple accounts to minimise risk, but I just thought I would mention it.

I can post the names here if OK to do so.

Buff was never a trusted seller, so there was always an element of risk in this game, so you live and learn... First time in over 20+ years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
98 studio is the Buff i am referring to. We need to stop his business on here. So no more member loss their money

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
98 studio is the Buff i am referring to. We need to stop his business on here. So no more member loss their money

Afaik watchbuff 98 Studio is/was only one of the agents/dealers of Buff. I think Buff are still making their products.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Afaik watchbuff 98 Studio is/was only one of the agents/dealers of Buff. I think Buff are still making their products.

that's why i ask the other re-seller if they heard or know this 98studio/watchbuff. the guy is shitting on the buff name and people will either not buy or use a TD.
wishful thinking, the message gets through to the group making the parts and they identify the seller and make him resolve all orders.

check the wechat moments reel and the guy hasn't posted since 31May

Reactions: fall1n1

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
For the sake of everyone new and old.

Please stop associating buff factory with the dealer that calls himself buff in his wechat name.

Call them by what they are called instead please. 98studio or popup, or anything else they call themselves. Too many people are mistaken that the person who calls himself buff is the manufacturer of the parts itself.

They are all resellers of the parts from Buff Factory.... There are tons of resellers in china.

Anyway, I hope those who purchased these parts from 98 get their parts,watch or money back... buying stuff from anyone, including TD have inherent risks, let alone a reseller thats not "Trusted" by RWI who can hold them accountable.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
At least hope this post will help out anyone who didnt know about 98studio . We must stop rwi memeber being scam by him anymore.