• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who makes the best hulk? Where can I get one?

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Thanks chaps. Had done a bit of research before finding this forum and most reviews etc were mentioning that VSF was the best, but read that their factory had been raided or something which obviously brings availability into question. Not sure how true this is or whether it was just hearsay.

Had looked through a few pages on the Rolex thread on RWI last night but couldn't find anything hulk related posted relatively recently, and would have thought that things can change quickly anyway, hence reposting.

Good idea about swapping ZF dial into the VSF! Although not sure how easy that would be, but suspect I will find out by doing a bit of research...

VSF Base + ZF dial is the "Best" combination without going bonkers with all the mixing and matching with all other parts. that being said however, the ZF dial is not easy to find as a part as mentioned earlier in the post.

I personally wouldn't go for the VSF Hulk OOTB due to its unrealistic green sunburst dial being way too bright compared to Gen.

If i had to put my money today on a Hulk, i would throw it into a Clean 116610LV because of the following

1) The case, or to be more detailed, the Crown guards - are at times well made inn certain batches. I've seen the pictures of better once by chinese dealers from time to time and i honestly mistaken the pictures as VSF.
2) The hands of Clean on the subs are better, the latest versions have more "3D" hands and are closer to gen than VSF.
3) Clean has also updated their xtal which has been improved since the earlier versions.
4) Clean stocks are no doubt easier to find than VSF in some cases as VSF is now producing in limited batches, some TDs might be asking higher prices due to supply and demand not being in equilibrium.
5) THE DIAL!!! The dial of the Clean is wayyyy better than VSF in sunlight/light, which IS the hallmark of a hulk.

Hope this helps you make a more informed decision - please do your own Due diligence on the advise and information shared here as well.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Surprised no one mentioned king factory which is a hybrid of everything. The case looks just like VSF in fact the SEL looks like when members swapped an ARF bracelet onto a VSF. The bracelet is ARF. The insert is Clean, the movement is a vs3135. Dial looks like clean factory too.

Reactions: P..DR..D

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Surprised no one mentioned king factory which is a hybrid of everything. The case looks just like VSF in fact the SEL looks like when members swapped an ARF bracelet onto a VSF. The bracelet is ARF. The insert is Clean, the movement is a vs3135. Dial looks like clean factory too.

Based on the pictures i see on trusty as reference they do not look like VSF cases to my untrained eye.

I'll be using Trusty's pictures for both for the best apple to apple comparison.

This is the King case - i specifically look at how the case curves up onto the CG and how light actually reflects off it. That is the best way to spot a VSF case, no other factory bothered to do that except VSF.

And this is the VSF from trusty.

same goes for the dial and insert.

King as shown below has the 12 marker being thinner and sharper.,pip being too white and insert markers feeling shallow and not deep - to spot a few.

And this is the Clean from trusty.

What flags up the most is that i might not have dug deep enough, but i dont really see too many king actual QC or watch photos around to suggest a newbie to go for it.... I mean sure, for review purposes and just to see and feel how it is as a watch - No harm done. But definitely not to a newbie looking for their first few watches...

Looking forward to your inputs yogi, i might still be wrong on my spots as i'm afterall just a new hobbyist.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Based on the pictures i see on trusty as reference they do not look like VSF cases to my untrained eye.

I'll be using Trusty's pictures for both for the best apple to apple comparison.

This is the King case - i specifically look at how the case curves up onto the CG and how light actually reflects off it. That is the best way to spot a VSF case, no other factory bothered to do that except VSF.

And this is the VSF from trusty.

same goes for the dial and insert.

King as shown below has the 12 marker being thinner and sharper.,pip being too white and insert markers feeling shallow and not deep - to spot a few.

And this is the Clean from trusty.

What flags up the most is that i might not have dug deep enough, but i dont really see too many king actual QC or watch photos around to suggest a newbie to go for it.... I mean sure, for review purposes and just to see and feel how it is as a watch - No harm done. But definitely not to a newbie looking for their first few watches...

Looking forward to your inputs yogi, i might still be wrong on my spots as i'm afterall just a new hobbyist.

Try looking at these photos in the post by trustytime I don't like trustys pics unless it's his QC sub section ones. https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...cas/10746314-new-upcoming-king-factory-116610

The pip is custom made by their factory apparently and the insert is Clean. I forgot if their dial markers are like VSF or actually are VSF.

Yea I haven't seen any QC of king either. I haven't checked trustytime QC section yet if they uploaded any king recently.