• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help, part fallen of 7750 w/4130 deco

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
View attachment 88258 View attachment 88259 View attachment 88260 Hi guys,
Looking for some advice please...... I just purchased from a TD a nice Daytona 7750 with 4130 decoration (about 3 days ago it arrived).... I noticed the time stopped today, time to open her up and check the rotor.... and I found a small, what looks to be cosmetic bridge floating around, blocking the rotor. I’m guessing it’s purely cosmetic as it was glued to the movement, and is VERY thin. If it’s only cosmetic I’ll just keep it out of the movement (which seems to be now working fine) and keep on keeping on..... BUT, if it is needed, please let me know, and I’ll contact the TD.....
Pics included, one from the TD site, one of my movement and one of the floating part...
Thanks in advance guys!!

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
It is an imitation Column wheel. Looks about as real as cheap nylon toupee. Frankly something I would be embarrassed to have in my watch. It performs no function other than to embarrass the watch owner.

You are better off without it.

Sorry I really hate these glued of bits, don't understand why they even exist, especially on a closed back watch.

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
It is an imitation Column wheel. Looks about as real as cheap nylon toupee. Frankly something I would be embarrassed to have in my watch. It performs no function other than to embarrass the watch owner.

Sorry I really hate these glued of bits, don't understand why they even exist, especially on a closed back watch.

Excellent information, thanks for that!!! Yes I’m not sure why the crappy decoration on a closed back, it’s not fooling anyone... I’m glad to hear it serves no purpose, figured as much after seeing it badly glued to the movement, I’m more than happy to leave it as is then, and quite relieved, thanks for that :)

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12

I couldn´t have said it better myself.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Be sure to check also if no glue residue is left behind inside the balance wheel area. It could mess up your palletfork (had it one time)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
Be sure to check also if no glue residue is left behind inside the balance wheel area. It could mess up your palletfork (had it one time)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Will do!! Thanks for the tip :)