• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which one will you prefer? PAM389 (VSF V2) VS PAM1389 (XF)

anthony_1994

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/10/19
I am new here and looking for 47mm super rep.

If you were me, which one will you choose? PAM389 (VSF V2) VS PAM1389 (XF)? It seems that the quality of VSF watch is very nice.

Apart from movement, which one is more close to gen? Thanks for you guys opinion.=)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Honestly, if I were you, I'd do a little more reading. There is a lot of information available you just have to read it. But I'll give my opinion and just let you read to find out why. ;)

PAM389 VSF V2.

anthony_1994

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/10/19
Honestly, if I were you, I'd do a little more reading. There is a lot of information available you just have to read it. But I'll give my opinion and just let you read to find out why. ;)

PAM389 VSF V2.

Thank you so much. =)
I read many article here. But still difficult for me to make a choice. =(
But i will keep do more research =)

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
The VSF 389 is the better rep when it comes to accuracy - with its super clone movement.

However, I'm finding myself enjoying the XF 1389 a bit more, mostly for aesthetic reasons - thinner case, white DW font, blue lume instead of green, despite its inaccuracies, mainly the pearl shape and some workmanship flaws in the case.

With the way things are going, I would not be surprised if VSF releases the 1389, but I guess they'll need to clear the old XF stock first

anthony_1994

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/10/19
The VSF 389 is the better rep when it comes to accuracy - with its super clone movement.

However, I'm finding myself enjoying the XF 1389 a bit more, mostly for aesthetic reasons - thinner case, white DW font, blue lume instead of green, despite its inaccuracies, mainly the pearl shape and some workmanship flaws in the case.

With the way things are going, I would not be surprised if VSF releases the 1389, but I guess they'll need to clear the old XF stock first
I love1389 too, especially for the white font.
Actually, i love all model of 1xxx in 47mm and looking for 1305 for over 1 month.

But TD and other suppliesr told me they stopped the production already. =(

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
I love1389 too, especially for the white font.
Actually, i love all model of 1xxx in 47mm and looking for 1305 for over 1 month.

But TD and other suppliesr told me they stopped the production already. =(

The fact that they stopped production probably means that a better version is coming - the same way the KW / V6F Aqua Terras dried up before the VSF super clones came out.

They are the same factory after all

Reactions: cookie3

anthony_1994

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/10/19
The fact that they stopped production probably means that a better version is coming - the same way the KW / V6F Aqua Terras dried up before the VSF super clones came out.

They are the same factory after all

Im looking forward to the VSF version. Hope that they can introduce more 47mm submersible. It seems that VSF watch has better quality.

internet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
Germany / NRW

https://i.imgur.com/rRxTvhb.jpg

I completely agree. I have them recently, but already with the new accurate bezel and the case without mistakes.

weathermanGTS

Load "*",8,1
Patron
Certified
8/9/21
EU | CH
I didn't want to open a new thread regarding PAM389 vs PAM1389

I got the opportunity to hold both watches in hand at the same time and thought to share some pics... (nonetheless worthless cause you can't order new ones anyway)... ;)

I never had real big issues with the 18mm case of the PAM389, but the 1389 is and feels really much lighter, slimmer and comfy:

left: PAM1389 | right: PAM389

zWe2hK.jpg

zWeZTS.jpg

PAM1389 with smaller case, smaller case back, smaller lugs

zWeDqW.jpg

zWeKR8.jpg

zWejbQ.jpg

here I changed the Corrigia strap to the PAM1389. PAM389 without strap...

zWe3UL.jpg

PAM1389 on Corrigia | PAM389 on Rubber

zWeHBR.jpg

Last edited:

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I don't have any of the new slimmer subs, this one would be really worth to try... if only those factories would make them again ;)

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Mine is ZF, absolutely love this watch.
47mm is a big watch but having it in Titanium makes it wear super well. I am glad to see this thread revived. 389 and 1389 are both great looking pieces.