• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Cognac/Whisky do you drink?

Lindt

Renowned Member
9/4/15
Slovenia
I tried:
-Hennessy V.S.O.P
-Hennessy X.O
-Prince Polignac X.O
-Martell X.O

Whisky:
-Chivas Regal 18'yr
-Chivas Regal 22'yr
Jack Daniels is crap whisky :)
I really like Martell and Hennessy X.O edition :)
I'm smoking Davidoff/Cuaba/Cohiba cigars, they are my favorite.

Reactions: Vitor747

eguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/11
I had a dram of Lagavullin 16 last night with my father-in-law. It was like drinking whisky and smoking a cigar at the same time. At first it was just a blast of smoke but after a few minutes it mellowed nicely and was surprised by the sweetness. Made me realize i should visit the old man more often...

zerosette

10/9/15
Bruichladdich Whisky Octomore 6.1 is left to age in Islay for five years in barrels that previously contained bourbon. It is bottled without cutting (cask strength), on the island of Islay, a gradation of around 60% vol.
super peat ...

Vegas_Blues

Horology Curious
24/1/08
My favorite combo is an Acid Blondie Bellicoso with a Godfather (Johnny Walker Black topped with Amaretto). Very good for the sweet tooth [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dferraro7

5/5/13
With a cigar I have to go with Glenlivet 18. If I'm just drinking , Johnny Walker Double Black.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
My favorite so far was the Hennessy Paradis. Made me believe in God again :)
Courvoisier X.O. is not so bad either..But I can't stomach a cigar of any kind,I'd rather take a couple of deep breaths standing behind a truck on a winter morning.

Spades

7/6/15
I stick with Basil Haydens. It's been my go to lately. Unfortunately with traveling for work it's hard to find a bar I can smoke.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Lagavulin 12 year old cask strength is my all time favourite. A great way to finish the night

D

d4m.test

Datejust with Camus XO
DSC_2739c_zpshtpiune3.jpg

gilt 5513 with single malt The Glenrothes 1998
IMG_8639_zpsqzq43uo2.jpg

good old, Jack Daniels Nº7
DSC_2745_zpsga2wficq.jpg

jblair083

Known Member
22/8/10
I generally prefer bourbon neat or with one cube with a full bodied cigar. Try the new monte jacobo with blanton's, angels envy or widow jane, if you can find it.

spennacchione

18/2/16
I generally prefer bourbon neat or with one cube with a full bodied cigar. Try the new monte jacobo with blanton's, angels envy or widow jane, if you can find it.

We have the same taste my friend! But i always drink neat. Try the Woodford Reserve, for me one of the best Bourbon (and also a great friend for a cigar).

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
We have the same taste my friend! But i always drink neat. Try the Woodford Reserve, for me one of the best Bourbon (and also a great friend for a cigar).

I do enjoy woodford reserve quite a bit!

Over the last two years I've been buying whiskey and bourbon to find my favorites.. Best for the price: Buffalo Trace. 22-26 bucks and it's pretty damn great.

Woodford reserve and bullit are also another I really enjoy. About 15-20 bucks more the the buffalo trace, which is totally worth the price. But, I find myself going back to buffalo trace on weekends.

Reactions: SRower003

spennacchione

18/2/16
I do enjoy woodford reserve quite a bit!

Over the last two years I've been buying whiskey and bourbon to find my favorites.. Best for the price: Buffalo Trace. 22-26 bucks and it's pretty damn great.

Woodford reserve and bullit are also another I really enjoy. About 15-20 bucks more the the buffalo trace, which is totally worth the price. But, I find myself going back to buffalo trace on weekends.

I'll try it! Thanks for the advice :D

rudy8012

15/3/16
Oban is my favourite, goes really well with a Davidoff