• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where can i find Calatrava 5227 yellow gold black dial

Aven

Horology Curious
18/2/21
Hi @all,

I'm looking for a dresswhatch and I choose for a Calatrava 5227 yellow gold black dial... Please. help me to find who sell it and what best factory fot this model.
Thank you in advance for suggest and contact!
R

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
Yeah BIONONE is right, the 5227J was never available with a black dial. Just the 5227G has the black dial. ZF make a very good one if you want a black dial Calatrava, but it will be a 5227G. The watch in your link is a made up version of a watch as far as I know.

Reactions: BIONONE

Aven

Horology Curious
18/2/21
Thanks @Plaget e Pillole, so what is for you the best version? If not gold case with black dial, which is the best version for the gold case and cream white dial? I saw in various TD website there are gold case and white deal...so white :) far by the genuine version. Where can I find the best version close genuine?

Reactions: PiagetandPills

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
No problem Aven. The link Tobel has added, has a lot of good comparison info you should look at.
For me personally, the ZF 5227G is the most accurate of all the Calatravas, though it is a white gold with the black dial.
For a yellow or rose gold Calatrava, I would move away from the 5227. They haven't got the dial colors close in my opinion.
I think the best for what you're looking for is a 5296R by ZF.
It's rose gold with an ivory colored dial, and it's the closest to the gen in appearance, out of all the yellow or rose gold Calatravas.
Also the 5296R is actually quite similar to the 5227 in appearance. So if you like the 5227, you'll probably also like the 5296R.
I know a couple of people also hold the 5296G in high regard, again by ZF. But that's got a sector dial and is a different look.
Hope that's helpful bro.

Reactions: Aven

Aven

Horology Curious
18/2/21
No problem Aven. The link Tobel has added, has a lot of good comparison info you should look at.
For me personally, the ZF 5227G is the most accurate of all the Calatravas, though it is a white gold with the black dial.
For a yellow or rose gold Calatrava, I would move away from the 5227. They haven't got the dial colors close in my opinion.
I think the best for what you're looking for is a 5296R by ZF.
It's rose gold with an ivory colored dial, and it's the closest to the gen in appearance, out of all the yellow or rose gold Calatravas.
Also the 5296R is actually quite similar to the 5227 in appearance. So if you like the 5227, you'll probably also like the 5296R.
I know a couple of people also hold the 5296G in high regard, again by ZF. But that's got a sector dial and is a different look.
Hope that's helpful bro.

Thank you bro,
at the end I bought a Calatrava 5227G SS / LE I can't wait to have it in my hands. Although I do not hide that I would like to have another one with a cream dial. How can I get updates on the latest versions released by the factories?

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
Thank you bro,
at the end I bought a Calatrava 5227G SS / LE I can't wait to have it in my hands. Although I do not hide that I would like to have another one with a cream dial. How can I get updates on the latest versions released by the factories?

Great choice bro. Out of all the reps I own, that's the one I'm most confident no-one can tell is a rep. Regarding factory updates, the best way to do that is to just keep checking back with TD websites every so often. Most of them have a new arrivals page. TD's also often advertise the latest versions from the factories on this forum, when they become available. So checking individual TD's forums under "trusted dealers" is also a good way. Puretime have a blog they update with new releases on a weekly basis too. You can find that here: https://puretimewatch.io/news.html
Congrats on the 5227G. Post some pictures on this thread when it arrives :thumbsup:

Reactions: Aven

Aven

Horology Curious
18/2/21
Great choice bro. Out of all the reps I own, that's the one I'm most confident no-one can tell is a rep. Regarding factory updates, the best way to do that is to just keep checking back with TD websites every so often. Most of them have a new arrivals page. TD's also often advertise the latest versions from the factories on this forum, when they become available. So checking individual TD's forums under "trusted dealers" is also a good way. Puretime have a blog they update with new releases on a weekly basis too. You can find that here: https://puretimewatch.io/news.html
Congrats on the 5227G. Post some pictures on this thread when it arrives :thumbsup:

Bro thanks for your answer.
surely I will post the photos as soon as the jewel arrives.
What about the yellow gold version with the cream colored dial? At what level are we replicating?

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
Bro I would probably give the yellow gold version a B grade. It's not bad at all, but it doesn't correspond as well with the gen as the black dial. Black obviously being easier to replicate. The main issue compared to the gen, is the colour of the dial, which is very hard to match. The gen is more of an ivory/tinted off white kind of colour, rather than a white or cream. On the rep there is too much of a contrast between the dial and the gold plated case colour, which is not the case on the gen. I think the main issue 3KF and ZF have with the 5227J, is based on the pictures they are copying from. The dial can literally look a different colour depending on the way it is photographed. Check out the photos on the Patek website for the same watch, and you'll see what I mean. I absolutely love the Calatrava and have owned several, including a gen 5227R. So I'm probably more harsh than most. That said, the rep game is subjective, and if you really like the yellow gold 5227, you should just go for it and enjoy it bro... Look forward to the 5227G pics.

Aven

Horology Curious
18/2/21
Bro I would probably give the yellow gold version a B grade. It's not bad at all, but it doesn't correspond as well with the gen as the black dial. Black obviously being easier to replicate. The main issue compared to the gen, is the colour of the dial, which is very hard to match. The gen is more of an ivory/tinted off white kind of colour, rather than a white or cream. On the rep there is too much of a contrast between the dial and the gold plated case colour, which is not the case on the gen. I think the main issue 3KF and ZF have with the 5227J, is based on the pictures they are copying from. The dial can literally look a different colour depending on the way it is photographed. Check out the photos on the Patek website for the same watch, and you'll see what I mean. I absolutely love the Calatrava and have owned several, including a gen 5227R. So I'm probably more harsh than most. That said, the rep game is subjective, and if you really like the yellow gold 5227, you should just go for it and enjoy it bro... Look forward to the 5227G pics.

Ok bro, I'll try to wait for a better release where the cream dial is the most equal to the gen.

Do you know other dress watches, simple without chronographs etc, which are well made?

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
Ok bro, I'll try to wait for a better release where the cream dial is the most equal to the gen.

Do you know other dress watches, simple without chronographs etc, which are well made?

Re dress watches, do you have a particular dial colour or case colour you're interested in? I can give you some ideas if you narrow your preference. Also I assume you mean well made as in, closest to gen, right?

Aven

Horology Curious
18/2/21