• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What lighters do you use

WCSrjp

Looking Around
9/8/16
Hey guys been a long time watcher of all things rep from cloths, lighters and watches.
i made my first purchase of a BK sub this year and love it. but my true love is in lighters i currently have a small collection.
3 x zippo lighters - (one with a butane insert called a
Thunderbird which i must say i love )
1 x Sarome PSD37-04 - this is surprisingly my favorite lighter it is built tough and feels solid and weighty but the built in pipe tools are what set it apart for me.
1 x Dunhill rollagas from 1971 i think this is a lovely old lighter which i nearly never use
and finally i have an assortment of cheap lights one of which is a custom made Louis Vuitton Bic which turned out perfectly

anyway i wanted to make this thread and see what lighters you use and want to buy

my next lighter is a DuPont which i have been eyeing up for awhile now

Reactions: myor

cleebeauregard

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/1/15
A butane Zippo?? Sacrilege!! lol

Personally I use a Colibri triple torch, but I think it’s all just a matter of personal preference— I know people who wouldn’t think of lighting a cigar with anything other than a wooden match. I think a butane multi-torch provides nice, even heat across a broad area making it easy to get a good light, and won’t add any “extra flavors”. Regular “Bic” style butane lighters don’t provide enough or even heat, and if there’s even a hint of a breeze you have to chase the damn flame around. I’d avoid standard fluid Zippos because they tend to smoke, add a “solvent flavor” to whatever you’re lighting, have a low temp flame, and I despise the smell of lighter fluid.

I think I paid around $60 for mine. Obviously, DuPont makes beautiful stuff, but to me it’s merely expensive jewelry that’s apt to get lost or stolen. Spending $500 or more on a lighter is just silly in my opinion, but so is spending $10,000 on a stainless steel dive watch, if you catch my drift.

simonjay

1/5/16
7252f87b6cd444dd42341338995a261e.jpg

JetLine triple jet

Sent from the RWI App

WCSrjp

Looking Around
9/8/16
very interesting responses, for me lighters are jewelry i really enjoy the feel and look of them, i rarely smoke cigars so for me the functionality is less important and more of a silly hobby to add to the list of things i collect

WCSrjp

Looking Around
9/8/16
that is a beauty cant wait to get one, where have you had the best luck finding them below msrp and legit

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
That is a serious collection! I’m in awe. Pics or it didn’t happen though

i have to get batteries for my cam , but ill post em .....all zippos :D

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Zippos are nice! I thought you meant ST Duponts and were a secret straight up baller :)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Zippos are nice! I thought you meant ST Duponts and were a secret straight up baller :)

No , im just hard core , sorry to disappoint :(