• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is wrong with this rep Pepsi

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Well after all OP got what he wanted, loads of members investing much more time in looking at his pics than he himself did.

Reactions: wilsonpepper

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I appreciate you taking the time to look at it and respond. Maybe you missed this part of my question, but I’m trying to understand why each of these things are ‘bad?’
I’m looking at this rep and your comments and I don’t see ‘bad.’
Like, okay cool, the whole thing is “bad” but thats a super vaugue. There’s way worse pepsi reps, I know because I own one, so that one is bad and you say this one is bad and I know theres a difference.

So is everything ‘bad’ until its gen? Probably not.
I’m seeking to better understand the details that made you say each of these things are ‘bad.’
Fuck me it's a turd if you can't see that then you need to get your eyes checked

Swapmeet

Horology Curious
25/9/22
You know those shoes that say abibass instead of adidas? Or Nicke instead of Nike?

This is it. And no there aren't any worse reps than this.
You didn't understand my question or chose to not help.
Let's make it easy for you. There is nothing on that watch that remotely comes close to gen.
You also didn't understand my question, or chose to help.
I usually am not very demanding in QC (well, maybe because I do my homework first and know what to expect) and am not even into this model, but the flaws jump to my eyes and make them bleed. If you cared for looking at a gen's pictures on the net (as already suggested) you would see it at once without particular direction. It's simply not right. None of it. No. More than that. Not only isn't it right, it's not even wrong.
Again, this isn't in any way useful.
Either you are trolling, have bad eyesight or haven't done your due diligence. Take the photo you posted and pull it up next to a high res picture of a Gen Pepsi. @KushBandit has given you some places to look and you should be able to determine what he means by 'Bad".

For fun I compared the images I suggest. Here is few quick things i noticed.

-Bracelet is wrong. Round shapes, very misaligned and overall sloppy appearance. Metal does not look like 904L stainless.

-Incorrect endlinks

-Lugs are laughably incorrect. Shape, size, finish, everything.

-Bezel, again completely wrong shape, size, finish, cuts etc.

-Bezel insert is wrong color, font is wrong and material is wrong.

-Rehaut, again completely wrong. Is your even engraved? (post some pictures)

-Dial, absolutely every aspect of it is wrong. Color, font style, font size, markers, minute marks, positioning. Literally everything!

-Hands are wrong shape, size, build quality.

-Crown Guard is grossly misshaped.

-Crown is wrong shape, size, placement.

So in all reality and with all dues respect. EVERYTHING about this "GMT Rep" BAD. Infact its not a GMT Pepsi Rep at all. Its a something completely else with "Rolex" and "GMT-Master II" slapped on the dial.

I hope my post is helpful. It took longer then I expected and im not going to proof read. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Thank you very much sir, this is what I was asking for. Also, thanks to @Kurtoseas and @RepPossessed. Even with these detailed responses I still don't understand completely but as recommended i'll look at mine, photos of a gen, review the comments and try to sort it out. Regardless I appreciate each of you taking the time to write out your comments and educating me.

I understand this is all some of you do, or your main hobby. I respect that, honestly. I really like forums. I love that there are 'experts' in any given field. I'm very well versed in custom cars for instance, and I was a mod for 5 years on a local forum for that hobby. And I was definitely a dick to people who asked questions I thought were dumb. So I kinda get it.

As I mentioned I'm super new (which is why I asked in the New Member Area.) I honestly didn't know what was 'off' which is why I asked very specifically for your opinion. I felt like the best way to learn was having a detailed description of the issues while the item was in my hands so I can inspect it closely. I want to know at least some of what ya'll know, so I can make more educated purchases and possibly help other people down the road. I'm genuinely interested in this... hobby?

To those of you who took this opportunity to only spew how bad this is without explaining why: You didn't bring any value to me, or anyone else looking at this thread in the future. Prior to @GIG sharing the post above, @Kurtoseas was by far the most helpful, and he's a new very new user of the forum (less than 5 posts as of this writing), which I found ironic.

I don't recall the exact term from the forum glossary for being completely absorbed in macro images that you pick apart every microscopic detail, but i'm assuming that is somewhat at play here. Those of you who have been doing this for years, possibly decades, I guess you can't see a watch from the macro. And I clearly can't see it from the micro, i.e. the level of detail that you see it. I'm literally looking at this watch after reading the detailed comments AND the bile and vitriol and I still have to squint to see what was described on some of the issues. I just don't get it... yet. But if the members above who actually read my post hadn't responded in kind, I would still be clueless and the unhelpful comments wouldn't have gotten me any closer to understanding.
I would ask that perhaps you don't treat someone who asks questions, in the new members area like their ignorant for not knowing. Thats why I/ we ask.

Merdydirty

Known Member
Certified
24/4/22
San Francisco
Yes red is more metallic than it’s supposed to be and mechanism is probably crap but so what? If nothing bothers you, Enjoy it for $100!

Reactions: P..DR..D

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
Sir, once you get into the hobby so deeply, which most people that are already in the forum are, it is hard to understand how someone cannot see the obvious tells. For us, this is beyond the obvious tells, and we are interested in more detailed accuracy. For example, if I see either of the Pepsis that you shared on someone's wrist, I can immediately tell that it is a fake. Furthermore, If I see even a better fake on the wrist, that doesn't have an immediate tell, the shape of the lugs, the fit of the SEL or the shape of the crown guards could be a tell, and that is the level of accuracy that people operate here.

However, welcome to the hobby and I appreciate your will to learn! It takes time to get better, same as any other topic.

Cheers!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You sound like you're ovulating. I am not sure why you are so upset. You asked a clear question and it was answered. Apparently you can't be bothered with pulling up a picture of a gen and putting this next to it for comparison. If I showed my 10 year old he could tell the glaring defects. Macro pics are not necessary. The fact that you are told EVERYTHING IS WRONG is not an insult. It's the truth. This is a forum and we assume that we are interacting with grown adults. I don't think anyone here would've thought that we were emotionally damaging you for life. Relax a little and don't take things so seriously.

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
Now that I am thinking, another important detail is that first, you have to understand the exact reference of the model, which your rep is trying to replicate.
For example, if you just write Rolex Pepsi to google to find the original watch to compare to your rep, you will find different references that are older that actually have aluminum bezels that look similar to your model's bezel, which can be confusing for you. The model that your watch is replicating is ref. 126710BLRO on a jubilee bracelet. After understanding that, it will be easier for you to spot the differences.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Rachael Harris Popcorn GIF by Lucifer

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
I think that I have read more than 500 pages in this forum to really understand what the experts here are trying to explain, not an easy task for sure, but I enjoyed every post. The search bar is a great tool to understand the inputs written.

TDFBluWaffle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
11/9/18
Munich
I am more interested in why the watch in the first post is different than the one in the 10th…

Rattyyy

Horology Curious
21/10/22
I am more interested in why the watch in the first post is different than the one in the 10th…

In #10 there's no rehaut engraving, between #1 and #10 the markers on tghe dial are different, and #10 has a halloween decoration/ceiling fan trapped inside the cyclops.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
The time you took to write that essay would have been more than sufficient to pull a couple of pics from the net and set them side by side to yours. The differences would have been, as @BMW760 already said, obvious even for a 10 year old who never had a watch. You preferred to write an articulate tirade on how mean members are and justify yourself. For one second I almost even fell for it but the truth is you wanted to be spoon-fed without an effort on your side and now you bitch about the other mean kids who didn't want to play along. Self-righteous.

Swapmeet

Horology Curious
25/9/22
To me, the most obvious difference is the bezel on post 10 is a decal or something equally as embarrassing. They way y'all react to post 1 is how I feel about the one in post 10. Because of my limited knowledge, I felt like the sample in the 1st post was measurably better.

The ceiling helicopter is custom though. Paid extra for that.