• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is wrong with this rep Pepsi

Swapmeet

Horology Curious
25/9/22
Hey RWI fam. I ordered this rep Pepsi, and I’m pretty happy with it. Right around $100 including the rep box and all rep paperwork.

Every time I see a thread asking for feedback, I think “looks pretty good… to me” and then almost all the comments immediately roast the watch. All the confusion.
I want to get better at identifying ‘Tells’ and the best way for me to do that is buy suspect Reps and study them in person. Then I sell them and get a nicer one, wash rinse repeat.

So, what am I missing on this one? I think the Red is off. It looks more anodized than a solid color. But I have no idea how that compares to gen. It has the crown engraved in the glass, which I was surprised about for the money. I see a gap in the end link, but I don't know how heinous that is.
Please be specific. I see comments like “the case shape is wrong” but I don’t what they’re seeing. Why is it wrong?

Thanks everyone!

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
As with all the cheaper Pepsis the red color on the bezel is innacurate aswell as the numerals in the bezel which shouldn’t be white, gen is platinum filled. But even some more expensive versions have these wrong.
The end links of the strap are completely wrong for that model.
And as with all cheap Rolex I’m sure the date font will be wrong.
There’s probably a dozen more minor flaws but these are just the obvious ones.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Do you want to actually enjoy the watch you spent $100 on or do you want it to be completely destroyed, taken apart piece by microscopic piece?

I think @BMW760 added a 'spoiler alert' there and that was very kind of him.

Honest question: Do you like the feel on your wrist or do you truly want to be shown a list of things wrong with it?

Sometimes, and I truly believe this in certain circumstances, ignorance is bliss, but if you ask a question on here, be prepared for the honest truth.

Others will disagree of course, but I would rather not know what I then can't unsee, than be shown a list of faults 🤷‍♂️

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
drake zac GIF

Swapmeet

Horology Curious
25/9/22
Do you want to actually enjoy the watch you spent $100 on or do you want it to be completely destroyed, taken apart piece by microscopic piece?

I think @BMW760 added a 'spoiler alert' there and that was very kind of him.

Honest question: Do you like the feel on your wrist or do you truly want to be shown a list of things wrong with it?

Sometimes, and I truly believe this in certain circumstances, ignorance is bliss, but if you ask a question on here, be prepared for the honest truth.

Others will disagree of course, but I would rather not know what I then can't unsee, than be shown a list of faults 🤷‍♂️

I have considered that exact sentiment. I think I’d rather my watch get roasted and I understand why than wear something that’s glaringly a rep and someone else notice and I don’t know. My goal is to eventually buy a higher (highest?) end rep from a TD. Ive made a bit of money with each transaction so I’ll trade my way up.

This is the first GMT clone I’ve owned with the numbers engraved into the bezel. I’m pumped to have one that is this nice for the money spent. And when I decide to sell it, I’ll likely make a tidy profit, based on the the profit made from much lower quality versions.

• Wow
Reactions: wilsonpepper

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Aluminum bezel instead of ceramic.
Case shape and rehaut engravings are wrong.
Crown guards and lugs are bad.
Dial is bad.
Hour markers are bad.
Bracelet is bad and end links are wrong.
Hands are bad.
Crystal and cyclops are bad.
Bezel is bad.

Honestly, there is nothing good about this. There's a good reason why we spend a lot more than $100 on a rep.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Cool, more power to ya so & am sure the schooling shall commence at some point.

The only thing I would be careful about (and I say it to help you) is throwing around the word 'profit' on here.

Its not something that is tolerated or allowed, it's actively frowned upon and banned tbh, as members are supposed to help other members, we're a community enjoying a shared hobby.

What you do offline is your business, but I wouldn't be advertising your intention to profit off of others, especially when in the same breath you're asking for help/assistance from the membership.

Best of luck

Swapmeet

Horology Curious
25/9/22
Aluminum bezel instead of ceramic.
Case shape and rehaut engravings are wrong.
Crown guards and lugs are bad.
Dial is bad.
Hour markers are bad.
Bracelet is bad and end links are wrong.
Hands are bad.
Crystal and cyclops are bad.
Bezel is bad.

Honestly, there is nothing good about this. There's a good reason why we spend a lot more than $100 on a rep.
I appreciate you taking the time to look at it and respond. Maybe you missed this part of my question, but I’m trying to understand why each of these things are ‘bad?’
I’m looking at this rep and your comments and I don’t see ‘bad.’
Like, okay cool, the whole thing is “bad” but thats a super vaugue. There’s way worse pepsi reps, I know because I own one, so that one is bad and you say this one is bad and I know theres a difference.

So is everything ‘bad’ until its gen? Probably not.
I’m seeking to better understand the details that made you say each of these things are ‘bad.’

Swapmeet

Horology Curious
25/9/22
Cool, more power to ya so & am sure the schooling shall commence at some point.

The only thing I would be careful about (and I say it to help you) is throwing around the word 'profit' on here.

Its not something that is tolerated or allowed, it's actively frowned upon and banned tbh, as members are supposed to help other members, we're a community enjoying a shared hobby.

What you do offline is your business, but I wouldn't be advertising your intention to profit off of others, especially when in the same breath you're asking for help/assistance from the membership.

Best of luck
Thanks, understood. Its 100% local face to face transactions but I’ll be more mindful. I was just trying to explain how I got ‘here.’

• Sad

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
Ok, the biggest issue with these cheaper reps are generally the same and they are the biggest tells to a trained eye:
- The fit of the Solid end link. It has to be as sung as possible with the exact same look as the gen
- The engraving in the rehaut has a different font compared to the genuine
- The bezel colors are way off (red has to be more subtle and darker, and the blue has to be darker as well with a purple hue under some lighting conditions)
- The look of the bezel completely changes when it is aluminum vs ceramic...

However, I believe the best way to learn (which I believe is what you are trying to achieve here) is to google the right reference, which is 126710blro, go to videos and photos, and compare the genuine to your piece at each, and every point that is mentioned here and you will understand and learn.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I appreciate you taking the time to look at it and respond. Maybe you missed this part of my question, but I’m trying to understand why each of these things are ‘bad?’
Like, okay cool, the whole thing is “bad” but thats a super vaugue. There’s way worse pepsi reps, I know because I own one, so that one is bad and you say this one is bad and I know theres a difference.

I’m seeking to better understand the details that made you say each of these things are ‘bad.’
You know those shoes that say abibass instead of adidas? Or Nicke instead of Nike?

This is it. And no there aren't any worse reps than this.

Last edited:

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I usually am not very demanding in QC (well, maybe because I do my homework first and know what to expect) and am not even into this model, but the flaws jump to my eyes and make them bleed. If you cared for looking at a gen's pictures on the net (as already suggested) you would see it at once without particular direction. It's simply not right. None of it. No. More than that. Not only isn't it right, it's not even wrong.

GIG

9/9/22

Either you are trolling, have bad eyesight or haven't done your due diligence. Take the photo you posted and pull it up next to a high res picture of a Gen Pepsi. @KushBandit has given you some places to look and you should be able to determine what he means by 'Bad".

For fun I compared the images I suggest. Here is few quick things i noticed.

-Bracelet is wrong. Round shapes, very misaligned and overall sloppy appearance. Metal does not look like 904L stainless.

-Incorrect endlinks

-Lugs are laughably incorrect. Shape, size, finish, everything.

-Bezel, again completely wrong shape, size, finish, cuts etc.

-Bezel insert is wrong color, font is wrong and material is wrong.

-Rehaut, again completely wrong. Is your even engraved? (post some pictures)

-Dial, absolutely every aspect of it is wrong. Color, font style, font size, markers, minute marks, positioning. Literally everything!

-Hands are wrong shape, size, build quality.

-Crown Guard is grossly misshaped.

-Crown is wrong shape, size, placement.

So in all reality and with all dues respect. EVERYTHING about this "GMT Rep" BAD. Infact its not a GMT Pepsi Rep at all. Its a something completely else with "Rolex" and "GMT-Master II" slapped on the dial.

I hope my post is helpful. It took longer then I expected and im not going to proof read. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

GIG

9/9/22
Oh man... I reviewed the second one you posted. 🤦‍♂️

The OP is not as bad but most of what I said still applies.

Honestly... Just pull up the side by side pictures.