• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM312 with new movement from JF factory

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
I believe it wasn't posted yet... but PureTime just uploaded the video of a new version of the PAM312.

From the description: "Custom designed Asian movement to match the genuine Panerai P9000 movement, self-winding, independent adjustable hour hand which allows you to turn it clockwise or anti-clockwise to adjust hours and date easily, same adjusting as genuine P9000 movement"

It looks great from the video. What do you guys think?

http://www.replicawatchvideo.com/pa...lack-leather-strap-p9000-clone_68459a37d.html

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
lol mate it's made by JF factory, the "R" refers to the series of the watch, aka the year of production

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
lol mate it's made by JF factory, the "R" refers to the series of the watch, aka the year of production

You're right. In the title of the video page the space between the R and J is so small that it looks like RJF.

TITLE ALREADY CORRECTED
ALE

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Font color and lume seems correct, which was the reason I sold my v6f version. Now let's see who buys one for a complete review.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Inscription colour seems OK
Lume seems really green
Correct CP

The main problem is the new SF movement. Is is not actually a Clone but a decorated unknown Asian modified to get some features of gen OP Manifattura P.9000, like date changing clockwise and counter-clockwise and hour hand adjustable independently to minute and second hand
Unfortunately it has some important flaws:
-Second axle is placed closer to the center
-Date window and mainly date fonts are also placed closer to the center
-Date fonts are really bigger than gen and inaccurate
-Balance wheel is placed @9. This placement, being diametrally opposite to the crown, looks more evidently a rep than @6 (Seagull) or @11 (A7750)
-Balance wheel is smaller and more accurate than Seagull and A7750, but the placement is also much closer to the center. In this way, the decoration of the balance cock is very forced and seems weird and inaccurate.
-Balance wheel "hole" is smaller than gen, really similar to the first ZFac, and inaccurate
-Due to the characteristics of the movement base the main circular decoration bridge is much bigger than gen, and even a half of the engravings on this bridge are placed under the rotor
-Engravings on bridges are nicely made but the colour is very dark
-The central rotor bearing is really inaccurate

Despite the gen features that the SF movement allows, with such above mentioned flaws on movement, it seems that the application on display casebacks is less accurate than with current options like KW-V6Fac KP9000-V2 and KP9000-Seagull V2 or ZFac ZP9000-V2.5
Regarding the dial, the seconds axle and the date window and own date palced closer to the center and the inaccurate date fonts avoid the accuracy gotten by above mentioned current movements.

Leaving aside the new gen features of the movement, nothing new and less better

All above mentioned is also applicable to all SF reps fitted with this new movement like: PAM 616 Carbotech, PAM 569, PAM 359 and PAM 312.

Leaving aside the commented flaws the SF reps are nicely made and very well finished at the same level as the best ones

Sorry to be a little spoilsport

ALE

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
Leaving aside the commented flaws the SF reps are nicely made and very well finished at the same level as the best ones

ALE

ALE, you're incredible!
Can't thank you enough for all your work and the knowledge you've been sharing with us PAMaholics!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ALE, you're incredible!
Can't thank you enough for all your work and the knowledge you've been sharing with us PAMaholics!

Thanks paulvillo

You will see more details and comparison pics in the review of all PAM 616 Carbotech (JF with new movement included) than I'm just finishing for PAM GUIDE

ALE

john117

Known Member
25/5/12
Looks better than V6 and ZF.
What asian movement used remodeled for this? A7750? or something else?

Anyone know?

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
The movement reproduction will never get close to the genuine OP in house movement(s), so in open caseback models the nuances of dial, case/cg construction and symmetry are very important deciding factors. In this case, if: "Date window and mainly date fonts are also placed closer to the center and
-Date fonts are really bigger than gen and inaccurate" then we need to measure the millimetric differences against a gen dial to judge the margin of error.

FAIRLADY Z

8/4/15
Texas
All above mentioned is also applicable to all SF reps fitted with this new movement like: PAM 616 Carbotech, PAM 569, PAM 359 and PAM 312.

ALE

You are the best ALE.

dawagner3240

Horology Curious
16/11/16
Has anyone disassembled a SF p9000 yet. Mine has some dust on the dial and I am trying to decase the movement. The entire decoration is acting as the movement holder and I cannot figure out how to remove the crown...

dawagner3240

Horology Curious
16/11/16
Has anyone disassembled a SF p9000 yet. Mine has some dust on the dial and I am trying to decase the movement. The entire decoration is acting as the movement holder and I cannot figure out how to remove the crown...
Update the decoration is just snugly fit around the movement. Here is a photo for reference. Still can't figure out the crown stem release.
ae9feafd8445b0ef60d2ed473eb92ee2.jpg

df01bd055149c65d4284bf4f49d629af.jpg

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I've never worked with this movement before but this could be the release mechanism.

09171ffa5205860fbfa8020986609788.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk