• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Western Union and Pay Pal........ easy solution.

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
I keep reading about people that won't order from certain dealers because the inconvenience of WU payments.

O.K. heres an easy solution, simply sign up online at WU and you can send money online using your Pay Pal debit card as payment, then the money comes right out of your Pay Pal account balance just as if you paid with Pay Pal.

If you don't have the Pay Pal debit card........ PP offers a "virtual debit" card to anyone that has an account, they assign you a temporary Debit Card number that works just like a regular debit or credit card.

http://www.westernunion.com/index_consumer.asp?country=US

Its very easy and convenient, you can do it all online in a few minutes.

luisik

20/3/06
true... that virtual debit card is not working in most of countries... at least in 6 european countries that I know....
why is it so difficul to accept moneybookers ?

higgy

Respected Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Hey bigshooter,

I have a question for you about this. By doing it the way you described do you get any of the Paypal buyer protection safeguards? Or is it just like any debit card transaction with WU?

TIA for the info 8)

Higgy

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I don't you'll be eligible for the buyer protection thingy.

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
higgy said:
Hey bigshooter,

I have a question for you about this. By doing it the way you described do you get any of the Paypal buyer protection safeguards? Or is it just like any debit card transaction with WU?

TIA for the info 8)

Higgy

No you wouldn't be protected by Pay Pal...... only use with dealers you trust.

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
luisik said:
true... that virtual debit card is not working in most of countries... at least in 6 european countries that I know....
why is it so difficul to accept moneybookers ?

I was unaware of the virtual debit being unavailable in other countries, maybe just a U.S. thing.