• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Graham replica, are these $138 ones any good? other is $388

santon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08

no_one

5/4/08
The cheap one is only mineral crystal, not sapphire with AR.

Also, those are faux chronos on it. No where near the same thing.

santon

9/12/08
but is every other part of the watch the same? literally made from the same parts/pieces. same fit/finish minus the better glass?

santon

9/12/08
so fit and finish is exactly the same, face, letters, markings, black coating etc.

only difference is the guts,and the glass? same band etc?

given the unsual look of this watch dont really want to spend $400 which is why i am considering the cheaper alternative.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
That means you move the needles. Don't fall for that BS. Try watcheden.com and look for it there.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
santon said:
but is every other part of the watch the same? literally made from the same parts/pieces. same fit/finish minus the better glass?

Yes and no. It will have the look at a glance from 5 feet away but it won't have the true chronograph function of it's 338 cousin as per the gen.

santon

9/12/08
watch eden, same watch.
says exact same thing, so the chronos dont work? is taht 21j movement reliable or crap?
Product Description:

Top quality Asia Automatic Movement (21 Jewel) with Smooth Sweeping Seconds Hand Screw-in watch crown Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time chronograph dials High quality PVD Casing High quality genuine Rubber Strap with PVD Buckle Mineral crystal scratch durable glass face Water-Resistant Free Shipping on all Orders Worldwide. The Pictures you see are of actually taken at the Studio of

no_one

5/4/08
santon said:

Fully functional with a 21J means that if you push the buttons, the subdials will move, as in one click every time you push them. If you look, the one dial goes 1-7 for the day of the week, the other goea 1-31 for the date. Not even close to what a 'real' chrono does, and no where near accurate.

No idea if the case construction is the same.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
santon said:
watch eden, same watch.
says exact same thing, so the chronos dont work? is taht 21j movement reliable or crap?
Product Description:

Top quality Asia Automatic Movement (21 Jewel) with Smooth Sweeping Seconds Hand Screw-in watch crown Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time chronograph dials High quality PVD Casing High quality genuine Rubber Strap with PVD Buckle Mineral crystal scratch durable glass face Water-Resistant Free Shipping on all Orders Worldwide. The Pictures you see are of actually taken at the Studio of

You will get 20 off by using the coupon.

santon

9/12/08
Just want to know if these $120 watches are such pieces of sh8t they arent even worth ordering as everythign is bad on them start to finish.

no_one

5/4/08
santon said:
Just want to know if these $120 watches are such pieces of sh8t they arent even worth ordering as everythign is bad on them start to finish.

The 21J movement in them is pretty good, as in it will work OK & keep good time. Other than that, it has the general look of a real Graham, but that's about it.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
santon said:

I would say yes compared to the gen the 120 watches are not nearly as good as the 300 reps. But if you want the look and you only want to wear it for 6 months to a year then go for it. I personally have learned my lesson on purchasing mineral crystal watches as I scratch them very fast.

santon

9/12/08
so i would overall enjoy the watch assuming I like the look of the watch.

no_one

5/4/08
santon said:

It's maybe a good way to find out if you want to fork out for the expensive one. The faux chronos would bug me to no end.

And then there's the lume, probably next to none on the cheapie.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
santon said:

I can tell you I probably purchased 10 watches from 35 to 135 dollars with your exact goal in mind. All of them are junk now. I could get them fixed but it's cheaper to buy new or upgrade. So I consider it a waste of money now. You can certainly go this route, I am only relaying my experience.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I buy $100 21j reps and have been very happy. If you have the seller QC the watch for looks and function the $100 21j are fine (others here will surely disagree). When I want crono I go quartz - because I am a cheap bastard AND because the chrono autos have issues (search 7750 movements here). Nothing would piss me off more than paying $400 for a rep and having problems - I rather drop a few thou on a gen. Why not try the el cheapos first and if your unhappy bump it up.

Jusy my .02

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Just so you know the history, that vendor is not on our trusted dealer list. You can post it though as you are asking what we think about it. I think any of our "trusted" dealers here can get you that same watch at that price or less. You might have to ask though. The benefit of this, is you get all of rwi to back you up in case something goes bad.

santon

9/12/08
I AM NOT REFERRING TO TAHT VENDOR IN PARTICULAR, i actually emailed HONT to price it out for me. just referring to that particular watch.

I bought my Big pilot replica from puretime with no issues. that was my first.

dont really feel like paying $388 + shipping + conversion from US to CDN.

I have read that these "modified" movements can be disastrous. is that once concern that would make you stay away from this watch?