• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Went ALL IN and ordered 5 watches from Andrew :) 1st one arrived today (Omega Seamaster)

kokomo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/10/22
US
Super excited! I looked at several different dealers on here before going with Andrew. I'm new to the site so forgive me if I'm covering something that's already been discussed or is common knowledge.

Here are my thoughts
  • Andrew always responds within a couple of hours. Honestly, does this poor guy sleep? Protip - If he doesn't respond within a day send another email because its likely the email was lost or he didn't realize you were asking a question. I've blown him up (did I mention 5 watches?) and a couple of times over the last month he hasn't responded which I think was the email getting lost in the shuffle.
  • Pick a dealer and stick with them. I think they all pretty much have access to the same factories and watches and prices from what I have seen vary in only minor ways. I wouldn't jump to a different dealer to buy a watch for $20 cheaper after establishing a good relationship regardless of whether you go with Trusty or someone else. Personally I can see no reason to go to another dealer because its the same stock more-or-less.
  • Speaking of stock, always send Andrew the model IDs you like (I'd suggest finding 4 or 5 you really want) and he'll go to work to see what is available. Don't get too attached to a given watch before you know if its available. Things happen, stuff goes in and out of stock and factories go away. Keep that in mind and you won't be disappointed.
  • Andrew likely has access to other models not on his site so if you do see something you think is only available from another dealer, give him a shot first by sending him the description and factory and you may be surprised. This is why he has the "$1 dollar item" on his site; he can customize a deal for you even if its not an actual item listed in his catalog.
  • I know YMMV, but I was able to use my AMEX on Trusty's site without having to get a direct link or any other craziness. It wouldn't accept the 4th digit of my CCV (AMEX has 4) but that didn't seem to be an issue.
  • I also did a Western Union transaction which was a little sketchy and got the full "phone call interview" where they asked me 20 questions about how I knew Andrew and why I was doing business with him but I just said he was a business partner who was sending me mechanical parts for a project we were working on ;) which is actually all 100% true. I think they only do this once; I think future transactions I won't have to go through this.
  • Speaking of WU, it did take a few extra days for payment to be confirmed (cc was instant) so keep this in mind if you're going WU to save a little on the price.
  • It took about a month from the day I placed my order to receiving the watch which included a couple of changes that Andrew was nice enough to make for me as well as the weeklong holiday in early October. I think that was exceptional given those factors.
  • Watch is PERFECT! Its GORGEOUS. (see pics)
What else do you want to know? I'll post updates for the other 4 watches (had to take advantage of his October sale!) when they ship.

zTCdLb.jpg

zTCwE5.jpg

zTCkrp.jpg