• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Magnús Sigurðsson, Bókmenntaverðlaun Tómasar Guðmundssonar árið 2008

proxyserv

29/3/12
One of my great passions in life, along with contemporary dance, is modern poetry.
This guy here, he has such a way with words. After watching this award winning masterpiece oh, I don't know how many times, I was inspired to write - for the first time - my very own piece.

Oh pointy bird
So pointy pointy,

Anoint my head
Anointy nointy.

It's obviously still in its draft version, but I think I may have something - a previously undiscovered gift ?

@Kertid
@Trommur
@Maggi
@Massakogg
@Markid
@Sofinnminn
@Kertin
@dddddd
@soffinn
@ssooff
@Markidminn
@diskar
@Bbjorn
@stjaki
@isakn
@Rumid
@Markid
@brefinfo
@Bbgud
@olance
@skyndihlaup
@dabbispade
@ Stefnan
@ Penlight

Magnus Siggurdson has an impressive Curriculum Vitae. You can read more about Magnus Siggurdson and his work here:

https://bokmenntaborgin.is/bokmenntavefur/hofundar/magnus-sigurdsson

Last edited by a moderator:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
We ban on average 1 account per month from this guy.

He no longer bothers posting, he just trawls the WTB section, contacts his victim in PM showing them stolen pics of the watch they're looking for, Photoshopped with tags, and asks them to send payment via PP.
Some people have actually fallen for this recently.

He's still active on gen' fora, RepGeek - reddit too I imagine.

Scamming is how he earns a living - poetry doesn't pay very well it seems.

Last edited:

chilidog

Supporter
17/3/06
Magnus Siggurdson. . . Wow this guy is famous ! But not in a good way 😁

He's scammed on every watch forum in existence - TRF, VRF, WUS, Omega forum - you name it, he scammed it. The total must come to tens of thousands of dollars.
Icelandic Police were after him for a while. From the looks of that video he moved up in to the mountains somewhere, hid himself real good.

Forgot to pack a comb and razor though. :LOL:

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Don't say this much about people but this fucking scum bag deserves his hands chopped off for being a scummy greedy fuck face. Go get a real job instead of stealing from others bum ass bitch. So pathetic

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
@omniplus Is his new account name just got a pm from him about an inquiry.
Yes it is. That's how some of these scammers operate. Make new accounts and prowl the wtb section looking for prey, or the larger m2m looking for comments like "missed that one", "really want one".
Do not fall for it and please report such contacts using the report button (possible also in pm convos).

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
Thing about scammers and their ilk, Yeah, they are successful in plying their "plans" however this means they become less cautious. Eventually they slip up and all of their shite catches with them and they will either see the inside of a cell or an oil drum.

@omniplus The only positive benefit you will bring to this world is the nutrients you'll provide to plants when you're gone.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I’ve sent some watches to this name in Rekjavik, any update on this issue emails used?

He uses a couple of hundred different emails, has possibly never given out his real address (using those of friends, family, fellow poets, fellow grot/cave dwellers etc etc).
His name is also one of the most common in Iceland - may as well be called Steve Smith. So it wasn't necessarily him who purchased the watch from you.