• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Western Union won't let me send money to Hont!

butch6393

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/09
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you guys know that I ATTEMPTED to purchase a HONT watch via the internet on WESTERN UNION's website and the cheeky bastards wouldn't let me! (always wanted to say cheeky bastards).

I felt like a huge douchebag because the transaction went smooth and received a confirmation code from western union with no issues. I emailed hont (who is TOP NOTCH with communication btw) and let him know the money was waiting for him. Long story short.......western union cancelled the transaction without notifying me!!! Hont was like WTF as was I.

I called western union and they told me....and I quote...."the transaction was cancelled and we are not at liberty to discuss why". ummmmmmm ok.

Anyways.....she directed me to a local western union branch and advised me "I don't know if they will accept payment there either". ummmmmmm right.

I payed hont via credit card, fingers are crossed on this end, hope there's no further problems.

I ordered a Breitling Blackbird btw.........it'll be worth it

BUTCH

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
butch6393 said:
I called western union and they told me....and I quote...."the transaction was cancelled and we are not at liberty to discuss why". ummmmmmm ok.

All considered, I think you were quite nice calling them just cheeky bastards. :lol: WU sucks. What an anachronism. Why are they still around anyway?

Hont's credit card facility is a bit temperemental but perfectly fine. Don't worry about it... You'll get your watch in no time... and the blackbird is a lovely rep!!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Anyway, why use W.U. they don't give any kind of warranty.
And indeed, I tried them once, they are cheeky bastards (I learnt something today, yeah !) :lol:

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08
What are the initials of the receiver's name you used? Was it the latest one that Hont gave you?

butch6393

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/09
gazumi said:
What are the initials of the receiver's name you used? Was it the latest one that Hont gave you?
The initials were "YL". I may be a conspiracy theorist here but maybe hont was placed on some type of blacklist due to what he sells?

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
and now with visa and that failed too

what is going on???

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
I had the same problem with WU, they are leery about credit card transfers to the far east. Try a couple of times and you will get through. Otherwise you have to send cash from a WU location, or pay 5% more to Hont for the transaction which is what you should do anyway as it is cheaper than WU fees.

Also, call your CC company and tell them to authorize the release of funds to China. This may help.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i always go to a western union outlet and pay with cash. they have never said a word and it is cheaper than using their internet service. it is probably your cc kicking back the charge.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I have never had a problem paying cash in person with WU, but I have had problems with the web site. It was my CC company that was blocking it not WU. WU just wants their fee, they could not care less if you get ripped off.

Aura

Horology Curious
19/8/09
this has happened to me today,sent money to hont. hont emailed saying he cannot get the money because he has been blacklisted & told me to change the name it to a newer name,so i went back into the branch with photo id to change name but now they say it has been picked up. wtf? have i lost all my money? awaiting for hot to reply.

petercarn

Horology Curious
28/5/15
Doesn't the recipient need the MTCN number to actually receive the money? Or can they just walk in and use their name?

I'm sent my money (paid cash) this morning and all went smoothly at WU!

Aura

Horology Curious
19/8/09
really and hont got the money with the original name and not the new amended one thru Western Universally annoying.

petercarn

Horology Curious
28/5/15
I have no idea what name he gave you but the one he gave me worked fine... It was my 1st purchase.

hontwatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/12/06
western union ,moneygram ,bank wire ,credit card ,all working now :)

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Just paid today via WU for two Omegas, I had to call WU to finalize the transaction as I did it online. They questioned why Hont gets so many transactions, asked if he was a merchant and if I was getting scammed, which is good I guess. I told them when I was in China on business he did English to Chinese translations for my company and they processed the transaction straight away no further questions asked. Very, very strange to deal with, but excited for my QC pics to come!