• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Weak power reserve

Pleaserun

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/15
So I received a Hfac pam 111 from a friend of mine and it runs and keeps time great ! But it seems to have a pretty weak power reserve, lasting only approx 10 hours. Im guessing its probably because im not winding it properly so I just wanna clarify. How much should you wind a 6497 movement ? I stop when I feel a pretty tight resistance mainly because im afraid of the main spring snapping.

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
I stop when it totally resist to wind. For the power reserve, i am not sure the exact duration, but mine stay for more than 24 hours

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Pleaserun

1/10/15
Totally resist winding means its completely still and won't go any further ? Right now when I wind it, it feels tight and springs back downwards after I turn it up.

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
If you can still wind it, then it is not fully wounded, the more you wind, the tighter it gets to wind until you reach a point that you cannot wind it anymore. When it is fully wounded, it is impossible to wind it anymore, force it and you will break the mainspring but you need to apply alot of force to do that.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
It takes a lot of force to break it. Don't worry just wind it all the way.

Sent using Tapatalk

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
Try winding it until you can't wind it anymore. Once you reach this point it's quite hard to actually break it (unless you force it to overwind). As your watch reaches its full wind you'll feel the crown kicking back more and more up to the point you can't wind it. Hope this helps

Sent from my KW iPhone V3

Pleaserun

1/10/15
Yep I winded it all the way till it came to a complete halt. Thanks for the help guys! I was really worried about the mainspring breaking but im glad that got cleared up.