• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WBK Buyer Review

Hugh Mungus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/22
New York
I bought 2 watches from WBK. Each was $260. I know the difference between a shitter and a good-quality replica. WBK sells shitters. I am not happy now that I have come to find this out. I will be trying to sell the shitters and hopefully recoup some of the money lost. WBK is fantastic as a seller of shitters. The watches showed up at my door within 2 days after ordering. I will say that buying shitters was my fault. I did not do enough due diligence before purchasing.

• Haha
Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Lol Bro. What did you expect for 260$?

A VSF?

At least you got the watches.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Hugh Mungus

22/4/22
New York
At the time I had no idea there was such thing as a td from rwi that sold shitters. Now I understand. I also love wearing the shitters. Not a single person has asked me about my watches.

Hugh Mungus

22/4/22
New York
I feel that the price point is a bit high for the quality of watch. $500 is enough to get a decent replica. I feel that $260 for something that should be on r/chinatime doesn’t make any sense

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'm not going to argue, it's not a replica I'd have bought or be happy with. Did you see pictures before purchasing it? WBK is more known for budget level reps then top tier versions, so I would have set my expectations accordingly. He does sometimes get nice top end pieces which I've seen him list in his section.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
WBK is a TD not a non-TD, so posting here is incorrect.

Probably better to ask a Mod to move this thread to his section so he can get a chance to respond, if he feels one is warranted.

But I agree with all the above replies about $price v quality expectations.

Hugh Mungus

22/4/22
New York
I'm not going to argue, it's not a replica I'd have bought or be happy with. Did you see pictures before purchasing it? WBK is more known for budget level reps then top tier versions, so I would have set my expectations accordingly. He does sometimes get nice top end pieces which I've seen him list in his section.
WBK did send pictures of the watch and I was very happy with it at the time because I had no idea what I was getting into. $260 is not a lot of money so it is fine that I am getting burned I just want to try and help other people not make the same mistake.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
WBK did send pictures of the watch and I was very happy with it at the time because I had no idea what I was getting into. $260 is not a lot of money so it is fine that I am getting burned I just want to try and help other people not make the same mistake.
I think most of us here have gotten burned by at least one or two early on .

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
I bought a ‘Daytona’ from WBK a year or two ago for budget money (note the quotes); it was quartz and I paid $195. I knew it wouldn’t be much to look at but I wanted to get an idea of how that particular model would appear on my wrist before I spent $$$ on a decent rep. I got just what I was expecting and WBK was excellent to deal with. If you see a new Rolls Royce for $20,000 what do you think you would be getting? Put it down to buying $260 worth of experience, it will stand you in good stead for the future.
BTW I still have it - in case anyone is interested:-
DaytonaQ_Wrist01.jpg