• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How Reliable Would This Breitling Be?

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
You can:
(a) invest in a genuine 7750, or
(b) have the A7750 serviced.
Both would increase reliability, (a) perhaps more than (b). No one can guarantee the reliability of an asian rep movement.

Mcflymags

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/17
You can:
(a) invest in a genuine 7750, or
(b) have the A7750 serviced.
Both would increase reliability, (a) perhaps more than (b). No one can guarantee the reliability of an asian rep movement.

would a genuine movement fit the hands and case, or are the dimensions slightly different? also, what kind of servicing would it need?

Sent from the RWI App

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
The 7750 is a finicky movement. What I mean by that is, it's like a lady. If you treat them just right and don't abuse them they will be fine. You have to use the chrono in a certain way, and set the date at a certain time. Best if you read the info on the 7750, it has been written about exstensively. But if you service it, be gentle with it you will probably be ok. But forget just one time, and reset the chrono at the wrong place, at it will fail on you.

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
Genuine 7750 is exactly the same dimension wise as A7750. Hands dimensions and dial feet positions too. Service? Strip it, clean it, oil it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Seconds are at 9. If you never play with the Chrono I imagine it will be as reliable as any other a7750 (basically a crapshoot on if you get a good one).

chr1s60

Renowned Member
4/6/17
Really depends on what you plan to do with it. If you don't really use the chrono you should have no problems. I've owned a few watches with a 7750 and never had a single issue with the chrono or regular timekeeping. The 7750 being known as a bad movement stems more from earlier versions of the movement than the current ones, but proper care should still be taken. With any rep movement, a service will do you good, but isn't required.

Mcflymags

24/1/17
Really depends on what you plan to do with it. If you don't really use the chrono you should have no problems. I've owned a few watches with a 7750 and never had a single issue with the chrono or regular timekeeping. The 7750 being known as a bad movement stems more from earlier versions of the movement than the current ones, but proper care should still be taken. With any rep movement, a service will do you good, but isn't required.

from what i've read, you should only reset the chrono when it is very close to 12. i plan to maybe try it out every now and then, or is even that a bad idea? should the chrono just be avoided all together?

Sent from the RWI App

Mcflymags

24/1/17
The 7750 is a finicky movement. What I mean by that is, it's like a lady. If you treat them just right and don't abuse them they will be fine. You have to use the chrono in a certain way, and set the date at a certain time. Best if you read the info on the 7750, it has been written about exstensively. But if you service it, be gentle with it you will probably be ok. But forget just one time, and reset the chrono at the wrong place, at it will fail on you.

thanks for the help!

Sent from the RWI App

chr1s60

Renowned Member
4/6/17
from what i've read, you should only reset the chrono when it is very close to 12. i plan to maybe try it out every now and then, or is even that a bad idea? should the chrono just be avoided all together?

Sent from the RWI App

I have used the chronos on mine, just not very often. If you can avoid using them, that's an added bonus. If you do use it, yes, wait to reset it until it is close to 12.

Mcflymags

24/1/17
I have used the chronos on mine, just not very often. If you can avoid using them, that's an added bonus. If you do use it, yes, wait to reset it until it is close to 12.

this will be my first replica watch, will it be okay for every day use?

Sent from the RWI App

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes, it'll be fine. Remember, it's a pretty substantial watch. I've got a Skyland Avenger and as much as I love it, it's size is not always practical.

D

d4m.test

Congrats on your purchase; that's a nice watch! I just purchased a Breitling Navitime World with the 7750. Hopefully any bugs from the past have been worked out. Although, I probably wont use the chrono on it, just to be safe.