• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Waiting for 2,5 months

Woutje

Horology Curious
7/10/16
Ordered a GMT-II on 30/03
payment ok on 04/04
QC pics on 05/04
shipped 14/04

And now nothing!
Getting emails that the shipper has delays and so on.
I really can't believe it has to take this long...
losing my patience a bit.
Anyone else experienced something like this last few months?
been buying for a long time at Trusty.

Reactions: churito

churito

Horology Curious
25/10/13
Hi,

Almost exactly the same situation as you;

2/4 Order
6/4 Payment via BTC confirmed
13/4 QC pics confirmed
22/4 Shipped (claimed)

I also have tried to be patient but continually seeing other dealers watches being received by customers ordered after mine (and I know the watch is there as I have QC's it) is bugging me.

Additionally, new watches added to the site, and new deals are being offered by Andrew...not mentioning 2 months' delays.

Fingers crossed I guess, communication is good, replies, reasons....just annoying.

J

50fathoms

Horology Curious
3/4/19
Seems there are quite a few of us in the same position. Here's my experience so far:

31/03 - Ordered and paid
08/04 - QC pictures received
09/04 - I GL'd
11/04 - More QC photos of the same watch with movement pictures
11/04 - I GL'd again
19/04 - Shipped and tracking number provided
21/04 - Tracking number status shows 'Sender is despatching item'

Zero updates since. Andrew blames covid lockdowns and cancelled flights etc. except I have ordered things throughout March, April and May from China and those items haven't taken longer than 2 weeks to arrive. I have sent a few emails to chase but each time I get a reply saying he will follow up but he never does. I have waited over 2 weeks in between his emails and the same empty promises are given. Doubting whether I will receive anything at this rate

Woutje

Horology Curious
7/10/16
This isn't a good sign imo.
I advise everyone to stop ordering from Andrew till further notice.
maybe a mod can help out sort this matter for us? :eek:

OSCORP

Looking Around
15/6/22
Hello, I was in the same boat waiting anxious, but everything went well and all my 5 watches arrive perfectly, China its in lockdown once again.
Please let us know when they arrive
Thank you

churito

Horology Curious
25/10/13
Hi OSCORP,

Interesting, can you give us your sequence, as obviously you only joined RWI in June, is that when you ordered? Maybe he has a back log, but you would think the oldest orders would be posted out first?

Many thanks for your info.

J

Reactions: leo6929

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Hello,
Unfortunately same situation here, ordered a Blancpain 50 Fathoms in April (nothing too exotic) and a Cartier Santos. Shipping delays, in transit for ever, etc…
I keep faith…but am worried by the pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thatman

2/11/14
A friend of mine, not registered on here is having the same issues. He was given a tracking number initially that has the watch being delivered to Vegas, he lives in the UK. They have given a new tracking number which hasn't updated in about a month.

probeanie

Horology Curious
26/3/22
Similar situation here, got my tracking number on the 30th of April, still hasn't updated. Thinking of getting a refund.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
One watch ordered March 9
Second one on April 18
Was given two tracking numbers, both showing "in transit" forever...
So far none received and no clear explanation given.
I'm giving the TD a week or two before escalating this. I'm in no rush, but I just want to know what's going on.
14 weeks...maybe it's coming on a sailing boat ?

churito

Horology Curious
25/10/13
I honestly think the mods should look into this,

I am with all of you guys, seems that we all have bought reps before and are aware there are time issues sometimes and also aware that COVID has slowed everything down HOWEVER we can also see other dealers are managing to deliver watches without this kind of time scale issues.

Would be great to hear from a couple of people in the community that have ordered from Andrew around our time and received watches (although this would raise more questions as all watches here are QC'd and it's only the postage that should be slowing it down) and not the guy posting above who joined and posted the same day JUST to back up 'everything is ok, nothing to see here'.

If no one is receiving anything it might be time for the mods to put a warning out until Andrew has caught up delivering the watches he has taken payment for that are well overdue.

Woutje

Horology Curious
7/10/16
And another.....

I would also suggest a warning from our mods for the time being. Btw still no update... already asked for a refund which I'm never going to receive.

bigmikejobo

Horology Curious
6/12/21
Manchester
I had a similar situation with a watch ordered from Marv, the tracking stayed at “sender dispatching item” for around 2 months, fortunately Marv recognised that the item had probably gone astray (as many others have around this time ) and sent out a replacement, which was promptly received

50fathoms

Horology Curious
3/4/19
The shill accounts making an appearance here would suggest that Andrew is well aware of this thread. He has replied to other threads but has given this one and the 'covid lockdown email' thread a wide berth

AccuTimes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/22
Shill account? Are you referring to me? The only reason I chimed in was that these delivery delays look like to European countries. That's why I wrote mine delivered to u.s.a. I have two more watches just GLed, so we will see what happens to them.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
The shill accounts making an appearance here would suggest that Andrew is well aware of this thread. He has replied to other threads but has given this one and the 'covid lockdown email' thread a wide berth

Join dates are 2006, 2013, 2016 etc. Some of those with just 5 posts over the period. Unusual, But wouldn't say shill accounts, unless the creators have the savvy to manipulate join dates.

Does look like some very quiet long time members are finally motivated to post - for some reason

churito

Horology Curious
25/10/13
As r0b9502 says, I have been a member here for a long while but never post, just come to get into and check updates, I am also a member at geek also and have bought a member watch and sold one also there, and maybe have a few posts.

I think the members with long memberships but no posts are a lot more trustworthy than a poster who joined 1 week ago to only post saying 'I got mine' (not you Accutime the guy earlier).

I think a number of us have bought a few watches (myself over 12) from dealers, we are used to the time issues, and delays, but this is extraordinary, the part which worries me is the continued push for sales when people arent receiving, especially while other dealers are seemingly getting the product to buyers given we know most of the watches are coming from the same factories to the dealers.

I am a little relieved by Accutime receiving his watches but I would love some Senior Members to speak up saying they are receiving from Andrew in this period....however, THAT would just make me wonder why some are getting through and others not haha.

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Dear guys,

Please PM me with your order numbers so I can look into each order individually for you

There have been some issues with shipping lately but I will ensure you get your watch. Else I will always reship or provide a full refund