• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[VSF] PAM1112 new release

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
To be fair, johnlogan has already touched on this issue once, and I was so disappointed that I didn't even bother to follow up on this discussion. Tell me, please, are you talking about 44mm models, or is the 47mm model also incorrect?

Both VS 44 & 47mm (different models / case material ) have incorrect caseback sizes. VS 44mm will fit a 45mm tool, VS 47 you will need to use a monster wrench with 48mm capacity.

Reactions: KOT1917

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Both VS 44 & 47mm (different models / case material ) have incorrect caseback sizes. VS 44mm will fit a 45mm tool, VS 47 you will need to use a monster wrench with 48mm capacity.

Not that this will affect my attitude towards their products, especially since there is no alternative, but it would be interesting to know why they had to do this ...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Not that this will affect my attitude towards their products, especially since there is no alternative, but it would be interesting to know why they had to do this ...
Yes johnlogan is correct. I noticed it on 47mm models and when I got my first 44mm vsf model, I was quick to check it out because I thought initially it was just an error in the way they designed the models. It seems to be a consistent detail thats off though.

Actually I had the case openers 3d printed and I could never get them to fit. I thought it was the way they were printed (too big or too small) . Then I tried it on a noob model and it fit perfectly.

Now that you mention it. I'm curious too especially when you consider the way even non visible details are replicated by most factories.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnlogan

ajeje

Horology Curious
15/5/20
This is so tempting to me. I was looking at this watch for several weeks and now I`m about to pull the trigger.

What is the issue with the gold case? I`m a not expert...

What about the price? 380USD is a good deal?

Thanks

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
How did they screw up de datewheel/date window in the rep ... Looks awful :-/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
How did they screw up de datewheel/date window in the rep ... Looks awful :-/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

sita123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/13
I just put a deposit on the gen. I will have it shipped next week. Let me say firstly that I have owned plenty of reps in the past and I am all for them. That being said it looks like a fake. It's the gold. Panerai's GOLDTHEC is a mix of 25% copper with 1% platinum along with 74% 18K gold. It has a very deep warm red color. I fell in love with it because I have never seen gold that beautiful before. It can't be faked.

sita123

26/5/13
It just came Fedex from Panerai Pam1112
My 1112

Lundis-85

Horology Curious
16/5/21
Hi! Anyone knows if there is some store that have this Model in stock? I just love this model

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
@johnlogan how did the gold plating hold up over time? With normal use did you experience any major tarnishing or the gold colour going off?