• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF new release: 126331 jubilee datejust 41mm with 3235 movement

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I just wiped that ‘Silvo’ product over the bracelet in about 20 seconds to calm the colour down. :) that’s all. :) I did the VSF bezel today too. -
I wish I could take pictures that show the colour accurately. It has so many sparkly colours. Alas I’ve just got a grotty old iPhone so my pics are convincing haha: lovely looking to me in the flesh.

I followed all your comments and photos. Excellent work. It looks so much better after the Silvo application. Bravo to you.

• Love
Reactions: McDuck888

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I just used silvo on a clean rootbeer and it did nothing. So I'm keen to buy another VSF to experiment and see if it's the way VSF apply these metals that makes it possible to alter the colour. Luckily the clean rootbeer is a pretty nice colour already haha

Reactions: AG91 and diamonds

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
My last post because I’m spamming f this page apparently ;) all VSF 126331 with gen xtal and silvo rubbed on the bezel and bracelet to cool it down. Pics don’t do the shine and colour justice. It’s a very pretty shade in real life

I tried this Silvo "mod" on my BPF Datejust Everose Jubilee and did not get the same pleasing affects. :(

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
aw shame. I find BP's application of colour is totally different. It's more like a layer of paint than any metals. Thank you for sharing! I guess this works for real golds and VSF metals only for now and I'll be finding out which other factories' application of colour it works on soon.

Last edited:

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
That thick layer of colour application on just some of our reps that I keep describing as being more like paint than a mix of metals... what is it called. Is it PVD? (I always thought PVD was black, but do we get coloured PVD. And that's the material that silvo doesn't change at all for it not being like metals?

TimeToTheSecardond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/21
The deviation in weight is not really a concern, as the precious metal models are always lighter than the GEN.
Hey I heard that in the future some factories would change the metal they are using to one that weights more than the normal 916L to match the weight of gold. This may not make a big difference on a two-tone watch but when you think about a day-date this could make a huge difference in weight. Do you know anything about it or is it just a rumor?

TimeToTheSecardond

24/9/21
The deviation in weight is not really a concern, as the precious metal models are always lighter than the GEN.
Hey I heard that in the future some factories would change the metal they are using to one that weights more than the normal 916L to match the weight of gold. This may not make a big difference on a two-tone watch but when you think about a day-date this could make a huge difference in weight. Do you know anything about it or is it just a rumor?

TimeToTheSecardond

24/9/21
Sorry for the double post. My phone played me out.

TimeToTheSecardond

24/9/21
I recently saw on Jtime that there is a new release from GMF where they use steel with tungsten to make their daydate heavier to get closer to gen. So I think it‘s no rumor ;). Maybe we will be seeing this on two-tone watches in the future too.

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
I recently saw on Jtime that there is a new release from GMF where they use steel with tungsten to make their daydate heavier to get closer to gen. So I think it‘s no rumor ;). Maybe we will be seeing this on two-tone watches in the future too.
Yes, GM Factory has released a new counterweight version of daydate, which is about 40 grams heavier in weight than the previous version.

wetnoods

Looking Around
13/11/21
You have done some amazing work on that DJ41... This is the watch I want next and damn you made it look so much better than how it did out of the box. Thank you, and keep up the good work!

wetnoods

Looking Around
13/11/21
I followed all your comments and photos. Excellent work. It looks so much better after the Silvo application. Bravo to you.
"I just wiped that ‘Silvo’ product over the bracelet in about 20 seconds to calm the colour down."

Hey guys, I ordered a VSF DJ41 with the sundust dial as a result of this thread haha... I want to use silvo the way yall did here, would you guys specify more about how you applied & wiped this stuff on/off?

I am imagining smearing a glob of it onto the bezel & into the bracelet bracelet and then rinsing it off after about 20 seconds... let me know if that sounds about right, please.

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
"I just wiped that ‘Silvo’ product over the bracelet in about 20 seconds to calm the colour down."

Hey guys, I ordered a VSF DJ41 with the sundust dial as a result of this thread haha... I want to use silvo the way yall did here, would you guys specify more about how you applied & wiped this stuff on/off?

I am imagining smearing a glob of it onto the bezel & into the bracelet bracelet and then rinsing it off after about 20 seconds... let me know if that sounds about right, please.
Silvo is not something you apply a "glob" of. It comes pre-applied to fabric applicators that you wipe on, then use a clean cloth of your choice to wipe off.

wetnoods

Looking Around
13/11/21
Silvo is not something you apply a "glob" of. It comes pre-applied to fabric applicators that you wipe on, then use a clean cloth of your choice to wipe off.
Silvo is sold in different forms, you can get the impregnated cloths (wadding) or a tub of the polish in liquid form.

This is why I'm asking for clarification on the best way to perform this procedure.

If you use the wadding, how do you make contact (to apply coverage) on the links of the jubilee? Are you squeezing the wadding to ooz the liquid Silvo down into the bracelet?

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Silvo is sold in different forms, you can get the impregnated cloths (wadding) or a tub of the polish in liquid form.

This is why I'm asking for clarification on the best way to perform this procedure.

If you use the wadding, how do you make contact (to apply coverage) on the links of the jubilee? Are you squeezing the wadding to ooz the liquid Silvo down into the bracelet?
Ah, sorry. I can only find the wadding here in the US.

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
My last post because I’m spamming f this page apparently ;) all VSF 126331 with gen xtal and silvo rubbed on the bezel and bracelet to cool it down. Pics don’t do the shine and colour justice. It’s a very pretty shade in real life

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK

A lovely watch @Kerushi11! May I ask which TD you purchased the watch from? I am also after a Rolex datejust 41mm 126331 in rose gold with a sundust dial. Many thanks

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Good luck. I haven’t found it in stock after having searched with a few TDs over the last two months.