• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF new release: 126331 jubilee datejust 41mm with 3235 movement

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@rza996 hey man! Everything’s very crisp and good, no bleeding. I’m really happy with the finish of this watch. So we know that the midlink edges on this watch are only plated rosegold on the links that meet the watch case. The rest show stainless steel sides, but in reality it’s impossible to notice on the wrist I found. :) I own a noob rosegold wrapped bracelet that’s exactly the same colour as the VSF rosegold and yet I won’t bother putting the ‘better’ wrapped bracelet on this watch because it seems no better to me - you honestly can’t see that those sides aren’t plated imo, which is lovely. I need to get more pics up

Reactions: paison and rza996

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I would avoid this model if you're buying a gift for someone, or if you want a rose gold shade. It's rosegold is a shade of neon tangerine during a dull day ;-) Otherwise I'm really enjoying it and will continue modding it.

rza996

Known Member
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
I would avoid this model if you're buying a gift for someone, or if you want a rose gold shade. It's rosegold is a shade of neon tangerine during a dull day ;-) Otherwise I'm really enjoying it and will continue modding it.
Enjoy! I really like VSF but their plating is sub-par compared others like Clean. I had to sell my VSF 126613LN because I just couldn’t live with the color of the YG plating, everything else about that watch was awesome

Reactions: McDuck888

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Enjoy! I really like VSF but their plating is sub-par compared others like Clean. I had to sell my VSF 126613LN because I just couldn’t live with the color of the YG plating, everything else about that watch was awesome
Thanks for the Clean recommendation! I'm thinking of trying out clean's new rose gold GMT soon! and I've never yet seen their yellow gold colour but I bet it's nicer than VSF. - I've always wondered if you guys who had the VSF YG watches in that too-bright yellow colour rubbed a product called 'Silvo Tarnish Guard Polish wadding' over the yellow areas, if it might totally cool the colour down. I think I might end up daring to buy a VSF 126613LN and testing it out myself one day. Cheaper than a darn replate job etc. I've used the Silvo product on rosegold so far, and it makes the colour more 10x mroe beautiful effortlessly. Hellova nice product. I should be daring and buy haha

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I just spotted a video on youtube titled 'Baselworld 2016: Rolex Datejust 126331 41mm Steel and Everose' and in it I can see a great likeness between VSFs attempt at rosegold and the real deal though.

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
I just spotted a video on youtube titled 'Baselworld 2016: Rolex Datejust 126331 41mm Steel and Everose' and in it I can see a great likeness between VSFs attempt at rosegold and the real deal though.
Newer rose gold gen DJ41 is very similar to your VSF. Rolex throughout the years has changed the colour of rosegold, newer releases from 2021-2022 has lighter rose gold colour, sometimes it's less noticeable that it's two tone

Reactions: McDuck888

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
EXPERIMENTS: Bare with me guys and grrrls. I'd like to show the quick change i made to my VSF bracelet today with no effort. I really enjoy the result.

The watch with sundust dial has VSF rosegold bezel, and noob wrapped rosegold bracelet. They are a perfect match to each other.
But today, my interest is in the chocolate dial watch, that's what we changed today. My chocolate dial watch has 18k rosegold plated bezel. And it has the VSF rosegold bracelet on it with a colour mod. Basically I thought the VSF rosegold colour tone was a bit too orange or a bit too neon just in certain light conditions so I took the VSF bracelet and gently swiped a product over the 'rosegold colour' called SILVO. The Silvo instantly neutralised the orange tones in my VSF bracelet and made it look a similar neutral colour to my 18k rosegold plated bezel. It also in sunlight now looks almost hard to tell that it is a twotone watch because the VSF bracelet has become cool toned. So shiney. What a great thing that it perfectly matches my 18k bezel too. I needed that darker depth of colour around the chocolate dial to appreciate it and frame it better.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
So the VSF changed colour a lot! I love the result. I should take more pictures of the chocolate watch in sunlight so you can see that it goes supersuper light coloured too! :) I think I'd love to try this Silvo product on a yellow-gold VSF watch next time funds permit. haha.
NOW - NOW I think the VSF would make a brilliant gift for family and pals, with the silvo brushed over it. ;)

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
It's mad to think both of those bracelets above started life being exactly the same colour as each other. They were identical.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
(I think the original could have been more 'gen like' I don't know. But I really didn't like how cheap the watch looked in some light. But the modded one feels much prettier to me in real life so I prefer it without knowing what gen looks like at all. I wish I could see gen rose gold in the flesh ;))

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
This is the shade of gen rose gold I was aiming for. One that you can barely see a difference from the stainless steel in some light conditions. And looks a little less cheap. Really champagne-y! This is someone's genuine Rolex rosegold wimbledon DJ bracelet.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
I go by what ‘feels’ more attractive. And the modded one feels miles better to me personally. So I just wanted to share incase any of you might fancy doing similar

The one on the right looks better, left looks like its made of copper.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I just wiped that ‘Silvo’ product over the bracelet in about 20 seconds to calm the colour down. :) that’s all. :) I did the VSF bezel today too. -
I wish I could take pictures that show the colour accurately. It has so many sparkly colours. Alas I’ve just got a grotty old iPhone so my pics are convincing haha: lovely looking to me in the flesh.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
There are still tonnes of yellow tones in it at night under light. It’s such a pretty colour.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
My last post because I’m spamming f this page apparently ;) all VSF 126331 with gen xtal and silvo rubbed on the bezel and bracelet to cool it down. Pics don’t do the shine and colour justice. It’s a very pretty shade in real life

Reactions: Tiger4