• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF new release: 126331 jubilee datejust 41mm with 3235 movement

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
In fact, I think I’d better purchase a VSF yellowgold model of somekind in the next week or so to try it out. Some people think I’ve been crazy to use a polishing cloth on my TT watches, but where is the fun in leaving it alone and natural lol
Have you tried it on yg yet? I have a vsf two tone that doesn’t look quite right

Reactions: McDuck888

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Have you tried it on yg yet? I have a vsf two tone that doesn’t look quite right
Yes sir. A few people on reddit tried it on their VSF yellowgold (and also their ARF yellowgold) with good results. But Streetfighter here hit his VSF yellowgold with some cloths too. Scroll down this page and you can see where he lightened the left side of his watch and then the whole watch. Such a nice colour imo. :) Silvo and a very similar product called Brasso wadding cloths both have the same result visually but silvo is a little bit less abrasive apparently so hit it with silvo if you get a chance. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Guiltycat

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
Yes sir. A few people on reddit tried it on their VSF yellowgold (and also their ARF yellowgold) with good results. But Streetfighter here hit his VSF yellowgold with some cloths too. Scroll down this page and you can see where he lightened the left side of his watch and then the whole watch. Such a nice colour imo. :) Silvo and a very similar product called Brasso wadding cloths both have the same result visually but silvo is a little bit less abrasive apparently so hit it with silvo if you get a chance. :p
It looks heaps better on his photos! I have a capecod I’ve used to polish out scratches on my datejust. I think that will be a little too abrasive so I’ll order some Silvo and give it a go.
The yg at the moment looks like a candy wrapper not gold :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the help

• Love
Reactions: McDuck888

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Someone on reddit saw the RWI post and did the same light modification, using silvo polishing cloths on their VSF rosegold.
I thought I'd share the pic illustrating the difference before and after cos it's much better than my photies. Such a beautiful colour IRL.
3mO2HL.webp

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I see on other watch forums they speak of "sunshine" polishing cloths- stating they are quite mild for cases.

Has anyone tried?

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Someone on reddit saw the RWI post and did the same light modification, using silvo polishing cloths on their VSF rosegold.
I thought I'd share the pic illustrating the difference before and after cos it's much better than my photies. Such a beautiful colour IRL.
3mO2HL.webp
The lighting in both pix is different, look at the dial color. The right is lighter by far.

If you want the “accurate” color, have FlanDad plate it. His work is cheap, fast, and thick (so won’t wear off)

The color is then accurate and it’s worth every penny. Jim’s a good dude too.

Reactions: oceaon

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@Seadwellermike The light's not so different in both pics to me. The difference is clear, I've done it myself so I know the huge difference it has on the aesthetic of the watch.

I don't fancy your mention of FlanDad much. He has sent junk to multiple people and left them in a spot of bother. I can't imagine why you'd mention him unless youre just briefly on reddit and haven't known. Also he'd plate 18k rosegold which isn't accurate to Rolex rosegold. A quick easy fix to make a strange looking rosegold tone in the VSF 126331 become a wee swan with a simple polish cloth is just the job. It can be plated anytime by someone reputable or at least half decent if ever needed. C'mon now. It's a bit of fun to make the watch instantly beautiful.

Last edited:
Reactions: serumdiesel

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I’m not here to be concerned by your fancy, I speak from personal experience, I don’t follow nor bother with the clowns on Reddit (present company included) but I know Jim and wear his work. There are far more good stories than bad, and with volume (and the Candy ass kids in this hobby who want 500 dollar GENs) are sure to bitch online.

And if you don’t see the color different in the dials in your pic, you shouldn’t see color differences in anything else. One is light, the other not. Arguing that is absurd. One looks cooler, the left warm. One looks silver, the left almost rosy gold.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21

Good shit here. Wouldn't expect it to work, but it certainly appears to.

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
@e1phantom I'll find you one. Which part of the world are you in roughly dude? EU?

Thanks for the generous offer! I finally got my hands on one last week actually. I haven't hit it with Silvo yet, but I have the Silvo ready.

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
Unsure how this will affect the longevity of the plating but it’s worth the looks :p