• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Whats your guesses about watch stability?

Kriaz01

Known Member
Certified
16/4/16
Hi!
I was thinking of buying a watch either the ZF V3 IWC 3714 that has a modified a7750 with seconds running on 6, or the IWC portofino chronograph with the A7750 running on standard positions 6-9-12. Does anyone have experience of A7750 movements with the normal positions does the reliability usually differ or is it not a big deal? Does anyone know which factory produce the latest IWC portofino chronograph?

Any help will be appreciated!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
There are many posts about 7750. Try using search. ......

General concensus is that as long as sec is @9 (native position) this movement is very reliable. When they move the sec to a different position they have to add extra gears and this adds stresses that the movement wasn't designed for. All the problems seem to occur when sec is somewhere other than@ 9

Kriaz01

Known Member
Certified
16/4/16
Thanks! I would love to find more about the IWC portofino chrono itself, seems to be a forgotten watch..

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Thanks! I would love to find more about the IWC portofino chrono itself, seems to be a forgotten watch..

It's not forgotten at all; there's a huge thread about the correct thickness version.

Kriaz01

Known Member
Certified
16/4/16
It's not forgotten at all; there's a huge thread about the correct thickness version.
Really!! I did the searching but didn't found.. I must be bad at this let's try again.. Thanks