• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Video review of 15500 ZF V2 (White)

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
AS following:

Can anybody tell me how well is the dial made? with my untrained eyes this dial seems good to me but I am not sure if there is any color difference between ZF and gen.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: AG91

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Not sure why the box is stickered V2, this is the V3 with clone movement.

Note the position of the balance wheel;

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
AS following:

Can anybody tell me how well is the dial made? with my untrained eyes this dial seems good to me but I am not sure if there is any color difference between ZF and gen.

Thanks in advance.

All the dials are different from gen. However 95% of watch enthusiast out there won't be able to tell the diffrence unless they are deep into AP.
Either you're happy with the ZF/APS dial, or get a gen installed.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
All the dials are different from gen. However 95% of watch enthusiast out there won't be able to tell the diffrence unless they are deep into AP.
Either you're happy with the ZF/APS dial, or get a gen installed.
I understand what you said but what is the order of dial genlike-ness? Is the black or white the most genlike?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
It is indeed the V3 with clone movement that we are talking about here.

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
And here's the V2 black

Afaik grey should be last. I love grey dials and I actually also like the rep grey, but once you see that brownish hue you can't unsee it.
Good thing is, the black dial looks grey in harsh sunlight, absolutely gorgeous.

Reactions: AG91 and dashindark

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
A note, the beauty/punchiness of the dial doesn't come out in this lighting... This is maybe the edge the Gen holds.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Yes what do you need me to answer?
Could you please comment on the color accuracy of ZF V3 15500 white? My untrained eyes cannot find much of difference between that and gen, if you know the differences, kindly let us know.

If it is not too much trouble for you, could you comment on the order of dial genlike-ness of ZF 15500 V3 as well? I already know that gray is the least favorable but the other three variants I am not sure.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The rep silver dial does lack the sunburst of the gen and the grey dial has the wrong color tone. So these two aren’t as close to the black and blue.
I will personally rate the 4 colors in this order in terms of visual accuracy. Remember that this is based on my observation.

1. Blue
2. Black
3. Silver
4. Grey.

The reason I rank the blue above the black is that the black dial can appear a tad cheap under certain lighting. I agree that this is a problem for the gen black dial as well but to a lesser extent. This is my personal opinion only. Some think the black dial is more accurate than the blue but having seen the v3 I do think otherwise.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
The rep silver dial does lack the sunburst of the gen and the grey dial has the wrong color tone. So these two aren’t as close to the black and blue.
I will personally rate the 4 colors in this order in terms of visual accuracy. Remember that this is based on my observation.

1. Blue
2. Black
3. Silver
4. Grey.

The reason I rank the blue above the black is that the black dial can appear a tad cheap under certain lighting. I agree that this is a problem for the gen black dial as well but to a lesser extent. This is my personal opinion only. Some think the black dial is more accurate than the blue but having seen the v3 I do think otherwise.
Thanks for your input! Sadly only white and gray are available in mainland C.

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
Thanks for your input! Sadly only white and gray are available in mainland C.
Rep gray is darker compared to the Gen. But it still look beautiful.

If you decide to get either white or gray, wear it with confidence. You will be fine. I have worn for years a DH gate shitter 15400 in white but no one ever called me out. The seconds hand is an obvious tell bec it is from the 15300 but no one can spot it from a distance.