• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very very cheap Tag Heuer Formula one GULF edition rep

sirioñoco

Horology Curious
11/12/22
Argentina
Hi Guys!

A few moths ago I bought a very cheap Formula One Gulf Edition REP on aliExpress, I´ve paid for this watch USD 30 with free Shipping. It arrived today so I wanted to share with you a few things about this watch.

I dont usually buy this sort of very cheap watches, but I was curious for the price, it is a 43mm case, it came with a "Leather" strap. The dial looks good but the movement its very very cheap. The Chrono second hands acts as the main second hand. The minute dial its marked as the original but it behaves as a 60 minutes stopwatch, just as the VK63 movement. But the most incredible thing is that once you restart the chrono, the seconds and minute dial "rewind" to zero.. something very odd.

I do not have any info about this movement, I couldn´t opened the case since is very very thight and it looks fragile. here is the pic of the watech.

Reactions: Thatwatchguy

Pannikin

Horology Curious
19/11/22
UK
Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but that sounds like it is working as intended.

sirioñoco

Horology Curious
11/12/22
Argentina
Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but that sounds like it is working as intended.
Well it has a working chronograph but it is an odd mechanism since the chrono second hand works as the watch second hand, the small dial at 6 oclock works as the chrono second hand and once you restart the chrono functions it rewinds the mechanism, for example if the crono is restarted at 10 minutes, the chrono second hand will turn completly back 10 times.

sirioñoco

Horology Curious
11/12/22
Argentina
Ah OK.

I guess for $30 it is a bonus that the subdials do anything at all.
ahahahahah actually yes.

This is a picture of the movement, I finally open the case back. It seems to be a quite generic chinese movement. Let see how long last.. there are too many cheap low end replica in aliexpress. however it´s not money.. I think that I will never buy this sort of watches.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Impressive! That watch doesn't like $30 in the least bit.

Looks like $35! Maybe even 36! 😜😂

Reactions: trust_wrx

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I think that's a loss of $30 that can be endured... 😂