• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very bad experience with Domi

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Don’t worry.

Before open this 3ead.

I sent polite messages (not answered)

I talked to admin (who told me he tried to talk with him) explaining.

An admin in person gave me the link to post this 3ad.

If after this and the pictures I posted,
you keep with your tune not having any theme if not “why do you want to mod a zircon?” (Very dangerous point of view because gives the sensation that just expensive reps receive certain attention by the modders, and that’s unprofessional), what should I think?

That’s lawyers now have great income on these forums

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
OP, of course you are entitled to post your negative review in this section, no one will be taking away this right. But really, you should manage your expectations. Everybody can make a mistake, Domi mistakenly thought he had orange coloured blue lume (or whatever it was), or maybe you two just had miscommunication issue, I dont know. However you were not happy the final result and asked Domi to do something about it.

Fact is that you got a complete refund for this incorrect work. Well, this is not 100% correct: first you got your watch restored to its initial condition then you got a complete refund which included your shipping costs.
Now I wonder what's left to complain? Did you expect Domi to do the job a third time for free? Sooner or later in this hobby it comes a time when you have to cut your losses. Doing a job two times free of charge is more than enough imho, not everybody would have done that.
Or maybe you are upset because Domi thought he had the correct lume compound but didn't? I'm really not sure I get your point here.

You and me had a pleasant deal recently so please accept my offer: I will try and fix the issue with the seconds hand for free (only shipping costs on you) so hopefully you will have your watch back in working condition, but please stop this nonsense discussion here. There was nothing more Domi could do to compensate you and I am sure if you think about it you will realise I'm right.

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Hello Kilowattore,

pleased to hear you.
Except for the refund, the watch came back not in the pristine way (it had no lume at all) but now it has greeny upper indices and blemish lower indices in the dark.
When he asked if I wish the watch with the mistaken lume or in the pristine way (no lume at all), I accepted this second option not to profit honestly of a mistaken work.
But now the watch is in a middle awful lume-no-lume situation.
Moreover now the second sphere stops to minutes sphere like something is blocking it.

The main problem is not this last one,
also my watchmaker can probably fix it, but the lume color.
I think to have the right to say that what I get it’s not what asked for and what someone told me was possible to do.

Here’s not a problem of money and you know it because between us everything has been perfect and every your proposal was plenty accepted.

I don’t need any favor or if we want to talk about it, we can do it as gentlemen and I’ll pay for it, but I don’t want to hear that the job was made correctly or as accepted
in charge at the beginning.

If you want we can talk about it in private closing definitely this dark page.

Thank you very much for your time

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Nobody said the work was done perfectly, on the contrary it was done incorrectly and only partially restored. I think its understandable that Domi could lack the same non glowing paint used on the markers initially so he had no means to restore the watch to his exact conditions. The blemish on the lume you are talking about is not visible at all in the pic posted by guru, which is the only one available atm. I seriously doubt it can be defined an issue.
However once the mistake was done there was no other way to compensate you other than fully refund you, which has been done.
The only point you're making here is that you're upset because Domi told you the mod you wanted possible and in the end it wasn't. That's not fair of you imho, everybody can make a mistake. You have to understand that when you send out a watch for modding you always run a risk. There so many things that can go wrong with these reps that they're not even worth to mention.
Being a trusted dealer on rwi means trying to work out a solution with the customer when these situations happen or, as a last resort, refunding the customer. Exactly what Domi did, which shows exactly why he deserves to be a TD.

You got your money back, but now you're not happy with watch you have? Sell it on the forum and use the money to fund a new milgauss and move on. Plain and simple.

Reactions: GingerBubba

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Yes, you’re right: mod is a risk.
And that’s why, at this point it’s better to give works to someone at the corner of the street better than to a “famous” modder:

-who hasn’t the proper paints
- get wrong with the painting also if you send pictures
- repaint with uncorrect paint
- gives you back a stucked watch

Next time for this result, I’ll try myself.
Regarding the watch has a affective value, so the only way it’s to find another dial.

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU

To me doesn’t seem pretty uniform.
Some parts brighter, others blemish.
However, Kilowattore, the only solution is to find another dial, painted this time to not having surprises.

cheers

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
what are you trying to obtain dragging this forever ? You got your money back, Domi won't see his name tampered by one nagging disgruntled customer and ALL OTHER MODDERS have you already in their blacklist. The future is bright.

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Dear SuperLory,

there’s a life out from the internet made by 3 dimension people, people who can work for me with no nicknames but just surnames.
People that can buy parts for me, fix watches for me and you never will see me as almost happened in these 10
years.
This post right now is viewed by 400 persons. I can’t see the thoughts of whole 400 but maybe some will agree with me and this people keep following comments of strangers I never spoke to, that talk about black lists, about my future or what can happen to me.
Wow, that’s impressive! If I was not sure we are talking about reps I could think we are in a mobster movie in which some
people have to defend interests.
Yes, the future is bright and funny expecially when the only thing to say was “I made a mistake, how can we help each other to solve it? It’s not a money problem but a matter of passion and honesty”.
It could be very easy, if you want it.

give my regards to Medellin Cartel

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Dear SuperLory,

there’s a life out from the internet made by 3 dimension people, people who can work for me with no nicknames but just surnames.
People that can buy parts for me, fix watches for me and you never will see me as almost happened in these 10
years.
This post right now is viewed by 400 persons. I can’t see the thoughts of whole 400 but maybe some will agree with me and this people keep following comments of strangers I never spoke to, that talk about black lists, about my future or what can happen to me.
Wow, that’s impressive! If I was not sure we are talking about reps I could think we are in a mobster movie in which some
Yes, the future is bright and funny expecially when the only thing to say was “I made a mistake, how can we help each other to solve it? It’s not a money problem but a matter of passion and honesty”.

Domi paid you back ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

To me doesn’t seem pretty uniform.
Some parts brighter, others blemish.
However, Kilowattore, the only solution is to find another dial, painted this time to not having surprises.

cheers

This is the picture of the lume when it left Domi‘s house. What are you trying to tell us here? If you light up the complete dial then it will look like on my picture.

When I follow this thread I can understand when Domi stopped the communication with you at one point. This is going on and on and on. As KW said, use the money and buy a high end rep and don‘t cry like a little baby. I am not following this anymore. But don‘t post any false information. There is a difference in these 2 pictures, isn‘t it?

b5c9b09e09407426b3d97fe9210b5230.jpg

Sent from my iPad via Tapa

Reactions: Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Dear SuperLory,

years.

you are exaggerating ..... you got your money back, stop. continuing does not bring you any good.

Saluti JD

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Dear Guru,

Your pictures are the same of mine when Domi sent me.
After i said i could not accept this type or work, he asked me if I wanted the watch in pristine way (no lume).
I answered Yes (cause
I honesty didn’t want to profit of a mistaken work) and now that’s the lume.
I don’t know if he blemish to try to repristinate or put a torch to shoot that pictures.
The fact is that now some parts are brighter others poor.
However if you want you can come my house to make your experiments with my dial.
Before experiments however, I’m a little curious to know why you are always here giving suggestions nobody asked for.

have a nice day with your businesses

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Reddave and Johnny Depp,

I talked to Kilowattore and as I told him.
For me the case is closed.
If nobody continues to speak about “black lists”, “dark alleys” and “dark holes” like Padrino movies, I’ll stop to answer.
I said what I had to.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Reddave and Johnny Depp,

I talked to Kilowattore and as I told him.
For me the case is closed.
If nobody continues to speak about “black lists”, “dark alleys” and “dark holes” like Padrino movies, I’ll stop to answer.
I said what I had to.

Nice answer to my question , ill stop now too .

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
I know Domi very well and he always does what is possible. If something doesn't work, he always tells the customer. In doing so, he often even makes a loss, because he often earns nothing more with it, as in this case. Here I was even surprised that he opened such a cheapie watch at all. Most other skilled watchmakers would simply refuse to do so. He is ALWAYS absolutely fair and above and beyond.

He has always treated me fairly over the years. Most of the time he has been able to fulfil my wishes, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. You have to accept that. He is one of the best watchmakers around and very human too. He is simply a great guy.

But there is one point to put Domi off: Unfriendly communication and lack of appreciation. Don't piss him off!

This is a real shit show. And someone still wonders why Domi doesn't want to accept any more customers.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Dear Justice4All,

I think you have made your point clear and should stop now with this kindergarten. Here is word against word and sorry mate, I believe gurus or Domis words definetly more than yours.

Domi has worked on many of my Daytonas. Most are Frankens/Superfrankens with GEN Dials, Bezels and so on. We are talking here about Gen parts worth several thousand Euros per watch. And guess what, his work was always excellent. Never had any problems with him. Not even the finest particle of dust on the dial. Besides that he is a nice and funny person I like to communicate with.

And yes his work might take some time, even months. But this is not from him working lazy, but being one of the best and most respected modders and watchmakers here in the forum. Do you really think you have to wait months for a watch if he does not do good work?

As I do not want to be dragged more into this absolutely unnecessary shit show, this will be my only post on this thread.

Reactions: guru and domiffm

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
As I told Reddave: I said what I had to say.
I’m not interested in comments by people be biased.
Thanks to private solidarity messages.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Guys , maybe it's time to stop here with reply and reply.
It's all pretty clear now.
Let's see how it ends and then we can comment again.
This is just my humble and quiet opinion.

Regard

Junio M.

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Yes, it’s pretty clear that 555 formed their proper own opinion.
That’s the reason of this review