• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very bad experience with Domi

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
At the beginning of october i asked johnny depp someone who can pur the blue lume on my white dial milgauss.

He told me to ask Domi.

i contacted Domi who asked me to wait a month for previous works.

I waited and at the beginning of november I sent the watch after his ok

I said clearly that the indices must be blue and hours and minutes green.

He said ok and homage me the silver work on a daytona bezel I had to get clearer

I kept waiting and after one month asked for news. He said he was busy for works he had to deliver before Christmas. Ok.
On January I asked more news but he answered he could not work for a illness to an eye.
I said ok because I think health comes before work.

At the middle of January he sent me the photos of the watch and the indices were blue lumed in the dark but white and not orange in the light.

I said that indices might be orange in the day and blue in the night.

He sent me new pictures but this time he said that he realized he didn’t have the blue lume but just green.

I answered that it was not what i asked, so he, a little upset, said to refund me the money and I should go to someone else for the work.

I received the watch back but now I realize that the second sphere blocks to minute sphere.

I sent a polite message but I received no answer.

At the end no work and misfunctional watch that before worked good.

Now I have to found someone that has to fix the issue and put blue lume.

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
I forgot to mention that once lumed green, I asked to ripristine the watch as before not to profit of a mistaken work.
Now the watch has a blemish white lume. Awful.

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
I asked what I need showing pictures.
I waited politely 2 month, paying promptly.

Once the lume was green and not blue, I answered that I could not accept the work done this way because it was incorrect.

I thought the answer could be “let me think a second and we solve the problem” instead of “go elsewhere to do this work”.

and moreover now the seconds sphere hits the minutes one.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
I asked what I need showing pictures.
I waited politely 2 month, paying promptly.

Once the lume was green and not blue, I answered that I could not accept the work done this way because it was incorrect.

I thought the answer could be “let me think a second and we solve the problem” instead of “go elsewhere to do this work”.

and moreover now the seconds sphere hits the minutes one.

Hi mate
sorry, I have spoken now, domenico told me he gave you the Refund, right?

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Refund money doesn’t repay:

-2 month of waiting
- a work done bad (now the indices are blemish white in the dark, moreover I asked to represtinate it once green lumed not to profit of a bad work)
- now the seconds sphere get stucked to minutes sphere (and before the watch worked perfectly)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I talked to Domi today, when the watch left his home the watch was fully working

The watch you sent him was a cheap AAA watch. The lume was
plastic, didn‘t shine at all. Domi used Lume which he had. You are not happy with it, Domi sent you your money back. My advice, send the watch to Rolex, they can lume it with the original Lume which only Rolex uses. Don‘t expect anybody to make from shit gold. This is how the watch looks now.

e2d285e61fc8d70e51f5d198b50aab12.jpg

9f92dbbb1f8b20fc65d0b743f8a691ec.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I talked to Domi today, when the watch left his home the watch was fully working

The watch you sent him was a cheap AAA watch. The lume was
plastic, didn‘t shine at all. Domi used Lume which he had. You are not happy with it, Domi sent you your money back. My advice, send the watch to Rolex, they can lume it with the original Lume which only Rolex uses. Don‘t expect anybody to make from shit gold. This is how the watch looks now.

e2d285e61fc8d70e51f5d198b50aab12.jpg

9f92dbbb1f8b20fc65d0b743f8a691ec.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Before you throw shite on an honored member of this forum , you need to connect your brain and then maybe write.
I know Domi through Johnny Depp and have never had a problem.
And if , as guru wrote , if you've a funny watch , you can't expect it to turn into a 1: 1 gen close.
He is not a magician.

Regard

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
You gentlemen forget that before
I ASKED FOR A BLUE LUME.
DOMI ANSWER WAS “YES”.
And if you insist I can post the whatsapp conversation that includes also the first mistake he made painting the indices on white.
So your defence it’s quite useless because I asked to someone who might be professional if that mod was possible.
After the second paint he realized, as he wrote on whatsapp, that the paint he had was green and not blue as he told me.
When someone takes his Mini Cooper to a coachbuilder asking for a change of color, of course he doesn’t want a swap with a Rolls Royce but just the new proper color and that after the car works as before.
Everybody makes mistakes in the job,
but the most try to solve them and not raise shoulders.
Moreover I asked to remove the green lume: now the watch has lume on the top
indices, no lume on the bottom.
Nice professional work

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU

Look Punk Boy, the blue lume was possible but just with white indices.
So, am I that throw shit, or someone else realized AFTER not having the right paint?

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
OP, may I suggest that you proceed with caution in this thread? Domi is a very well respected long time member of this forum who has done excellent work over many years for many members. It is unfortunate that your experience with him was not positive, but he did the honorable thing and refunded you the money.

Here is where these caution comes in. Modders and others who work with rep watches are reading your posts and then adding you to their “Do not have anything to do with this guy” list. Some may even be adding you to their “Do not buy from or sell to” list as well.

So if you wish to hang around this forum for a while, you may wish to wind down this thread and relegate what happened to an unfortunate experience, and move on. By continuing to carry this on you are hurting yourself and your reputation more than damaging the reputation of a well respected modder.

Just a thought...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Hello Ride2live,

in the last 9 years in this world I had very good relations with some modders:
Merlix, Black Shark, Kilowattore to mention some and I never had a problems.

Black Shark expecially made a commission for me but once arrived, there was an issue.
”Send me it again, my friend,
no charge” he said”.
But no, appreciating his position
I solved the problem by myself.
That’s just to say that I’m not used to complain.

I wrote about my bad experience and as I said “shit happens” but the importance is try to find a solution.
That’s might be the centre or a proper work as the centre of a good forum might be to find the truth and preserve the short/long term locals.

This is the first time I make a
public complain for something since 2013 and I never did in others similar groups which I joined before.

And now what I find? Friends of others friends that don’t admit a mistake; other people that “suggest”’ me to keep silent
not to finish in “dark hole” in which nobody will not talk to me or sale something to me.

I don’t know if that’s just your opinion or
it comes from the direction of the forum but do you think newbies and seniors will absorb this politic as safe?
Do they will trust to a forum what says to help and if you dare to complain, tells you to keep silent even if you have proofs?

What do you think that “modder” means “god”? Everybody make mistakes and excuses are better than “look out kid you can finish dead in dark alley” advertising

Take care

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
OP, I appreciate your position, however I stand by what I wrote. This is my own opinion; I do not speak on behalf of anyone here except myself. I did not mean for my comment to come across as a threat, and I’m sorry if you took it that way.

I am glad you’ve had a positive history with other modders and members of this forum and I hope that continues. However, completely pragmatically, you need to ask yourself what are you gaining for yourself and at what cost to your future. Is it worth it? I have seen/read members criticizing individuals who have helped them out, criticism that was just or unjust, then wonder why no one would help them out the next time they had a problem or needed work done.

If you believe you have made your point, move on. You will not get much sympathy from many members and you need to accept that. Enjoy your watch or sell it if you don’t like it.

Wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
If 10 years passed away and now I own 25 workin reps (except one at the moment),
it means that I dealed with online/ live watchmakers, dealers, modders and joined many forums.
I don’t pretend to change life of one modder with my complain as his bad work doesn’t change mine.
Regarding critics, it’s obvious that caressing a modder is more useful than doing it with a senior member but I knew that it was predictable, so pictures stand over blabla.
Before posting this bad review I explained carefully the situation to admin (to not break any rule) and he gave me the link to post here, so that’s a normal unsatisfied review that who told me “do whatever you want” when I searched for a common solution, had to expect.

Regards

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
You gentlemen forget that before
I ASKED FOR A BLUE LUME.
DOMI ANSWER WAS “YES”.
And if you insist I can post the whatsapp conversation that includes also the first mistake he made painting the indices on white.
So your defence it’s quite useless because I asked to someone who might be professional if that mod was possible.
After the second paint he realized, as he wrote on whatsapp, that the paint he had was green and not blue as he told me.
When someone takes his Mini Cooper to a coachbuilder asking for a change of color, of course he doesn’t want a swap with a Rolls Royce but just the new proper color and that after the car works as before.
Everybody makes mistakes in the job,
but the most try to solve them and not raise shoulders.
Moreover I asked to remove the green lume: now the watch has lume on the top
indices, no lume on the bottom.
Nice professional work

I get out of this discussion as it just makes me smile.
If you have a zircon or a glass it will never become a diamond.
Best wishes

Junio M.

Reactions: domiffm

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
If you take your stone to a jewelry to get polish, doesn’t matter if it’s a zircon or diamond, all you care is that it get back clean and safe.

Regards

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
If you take your stone to a jewelry to get polish, doesn’t matter if it’s a zircon or diamond, all you care is that it get back clean and safe.

Regards

Nothing else to say.
But can I give you my opinion........?
Why mods a low-end watch...........?
It makes no sense to me.
But everyone does what they see fit.
The law of: "Free Will"
At the end you will recover your money , and I think that's the important thing.

Best Wishes

Junio M.

Justice4all

28/6/13
EU
Maybe because there are not so many white Milgauss.
Maybe for personal affective reasons.
Should I justify what I do with my money?
Once you’ll pay for my mods, you’ll choose what to do.
No, I didn’t recover my money ‘cause now the watch is stucked and the indices are not as the in your pictures.
I asked to remove the green not to profit of a bad work and now the half indices are lumed green half blemished.
A feetmade work.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Maybe because there are not so many white Milgauss.
Maybe for personal affective reasons.
Should I justify what I do with my money?
Once you’ll pay for my mods, you’ll choose what to do.
No, I didn’t recover my money ‘cause now the watch is stucked and the indices are not as the in your pictures.
I asked to remove the green not to profit of a bad work and now the half indices are lumed green half blemished.
A feetmade work.

My friend , I don't know your circumstances.
I can only say that before opening a public 3D it was better to solve the problems between you. That's all.
I repeat and emphasize that Domenico is not a person who deserves certain thread. But he is my personal opinion.
I REPEAT: "FREE WILL"

Regard