• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Venus Seagull-ST19 in a Moonwatch

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
I am curious why the ST-19 is not used in larger watches. I don't see the ST-19 in anything much bigger than 42mm even on manual wind. It is not used in the more common 44mm+ chrono watches. There must be a reason someone more senior would know why. I would really like to see it in the larger manual wind watches. Removing crowns etc to wind a Panarai is a pain.

They do exist.
Here is my 46mm Roger Dubuis Easy Diver:

062.jpg

In here the movement looks a bit small, and would benefit from something to just cover the edge around the movement.

As to sub dial placement, here is mine and a Gen:

Rep:

031.jpg

Gen:

RD02.jpg

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I've got one in a moonwatch also, but the crown/stem stripped. I've contact the TD to get a new stew and crown, and they sent the wrong stems. So getting stem and crowns for this watch will be damn near impossible. I even contacted seagull and asked if they sell stems for this movement, and they told me they do not sell any parts for their movements. I suppose you can find a used movement for parts and use the stem for that, then buy a generic crown to use, but that would be the only way to get these crown strippings fixed.

Another story about my moonwatch: I took it apart to repaint the rehaut black and replace the crystal with a gen moonwatch crystal, and when the movement was out, I accidently knocked it to the floor and it hit a metal pole. Bent one of the wheels for the chrono, and could not be fixed by my watch maker. So now I have a watch that the chrono doesn't work. I ordered another movement from cousins and waiting for a movement swap. I may sell the movement as parts when I get the new movement installed and working.

On a positive note, before I dropped the movement, it was +2 sec a day off, and ran like a tank. I do believe this is the best movement in any watch for this amount of money. Enjoy it!
Tracy

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a moonwatch with the Lemania (ST19) movement, you mentioned good for the price, what sort of money should I be spending to get a good quality speedy rep do you think, just trying to gauge what I should be paying? Cheers

tracyl

22/4/11
The movement alone costs $138. So add the cost of the case, crystal and band and you will see the cost come in around $300

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Thanks for that, I'm also interested in another watch that has the 9300 movement, any thoughts on this movement would be appreciated cheers